Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Meeting the 5 year route to settlement as a Partner or Parent

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

would i be right in saying that a child who you are fiancially responsible for be included in this as well ? Just couldnt seem to pick it out from the article
    An additional gross annual income of £3,800 is required for the first child sponsored in addition to the partner and an additional £2,400 for each further child. The level of the financial requirement will therefore be for example:

Partner with no children – £18,600.

1 child in addition to the partner – £22,400.

2 children in addition to the partner – £24,800.

3 children in addition to the partner – £27,200.
    Last edited by Tobias; 17th Apr 2018 at 11:56. Reason: Changed font to ease reading

Blog Entries

You only count children included in the application.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

on the form it ask for are you fiancially responsible for children ,so if you had a csa order for children from a previous marriage this is not taken into account .so why ask the question ?which if you put yes then they will be on the application

i found it
    The minimum income threshold for a Partner applying under Appendix FM from 9 July 2012 and for a Partner applying under Appendix Armed Forces from 1 December 2013, without dependent children, is £18,600.

Blog Entries

You only count dependant children who intend to travel to the UK with their parent and who too are applying for leave to enter the UK.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

you are wrong mr tobias
    it cleary states in section 4 of dependent children that you should include all children that you are fiancially responsible for that are british citizens or settled in the uk ,this is on the ( flr m )form ,i would be right in thinking if you earned £19,000 and had 2 children from a previous marriage at the ages 5 and 6 you would be paying 20 per cent of your income to these dependent children ,i would say then that you dont meet the financial requirment ,
    As well as children who are applying with you, you should also include details of any dependent children not applying with you, including those who are British citizens or settled in the UK.
    Last edited by Samsung; 18th Apr 2018 at 13:08.

Hi Samsung,

Tobias is correct. We completed our FLR(M) application in December. Yes, we included our son (born in London) in the section about dependent children as set out in the rubric in Section 4. As required, we also included his UK birth certificate and UK passport in Nok's FLR(M) application. These demonstrated that our son is a British citizen and is not subject to entry clearance. This meant that minimum income requirement to be satisfied was £18,600, not £22,400.

As Tobias says, the higher amounts for applicants with dependent children are only applicable for those dependent children who require UK entry clearance.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Blog Entries

You are misunderstanding the rules, samsung.

For the purposes of FLR, the law defines a 'dependent child' as a child of the applicant or the applicant’s partner who is:

1) under the age of 18 years, or who was under the age of 18 years when they were first granted entry under family route;

2) applying for leave as a dependant of the applicant or the applicant’s partner, or is in the UK with leave as their dependant;

3) not a British Citizen or settled in the UK; and

4) not an EEA national with a right to be admitted to or reside in the UK under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016.

So those children who come under 3) or 4) above are not counted as dependants in this respect as they are not applying for LTR and thus not counted for the purposes of calculating the appropriate financial requirement.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

i delayed my misses settlement visa at the time for 6 months while i finished paying csa best not tell her ,It does seem strange if you take the situation i provided the applicant in that case would only have about £16,000 disposeable income as he would be provideing for 2 children ,

Rookie มือใหม่

Absolutely incredible detail. I've never seen such a long post lol. Major props.

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.