Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default FLR(M) decision letter query

My wife and stepson applied for further leave to remain on Feb 23 using form FLR(M) and have today received the decision letter (so 7.5 weeks). However instead of referring to further leave to remain it says they have been granted limited leave to remain.

Is this what everyone else’s letters have said? Just wondering if they’ve made a mistake and if it will cause hassle when it comes to applying for ILR or if it’s just how they phrase it, even though it’s further leave to remain.

Also, they have been granted leave for 30 months this time. The first leave to remain was for 33 months. This makes a total of 5 years and 3 months - does anyone know if they can apply for ILR after 5 years (so 2 years and 3 months into this latest visa) or must they wait until this new visa is almost expired? I was expecting the latest visas to be for 27 months seeing as the first ones were 33 months.

Thanks and congrats to everyone else who has recently had FLR confirmed and good luck to those applying soon.
    Last edited by Phil; 17th Apr 2018 at 18:20. Reason: Spelling mistake due to predictive text

Member สมาชิก

FLR is limited leave to remain.
    They are eligible to apply once 5 years stay has been completed but I would apply just before it expires.

My understanding is that the 33 month initial entry visa is so the applicant has enough time to locate to the UK.

I have a question for you. If you completed the FLR via postal app how long was it until they sent the letter requesting biometric enrolment?

congrats to your wife and stepson

Member สมาชิก

Thanks. We received the letter requesting biometric enrolment about 14 days after posting the application. Not sure if that’s typical of how long it takes.
    I assume you’re about to apply or have just applied - good luck!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

yes mine was about 2 weeks or the misses was,maybe something to look out for is the dates you can apply if before APRIL i would try and do rather than may/june as april is the time the fees usually go up .

Member สมาชิก

We applied on the same day as you and fortunately received the Visa the morning of Monday 16th April - my wife had booked a holiday in Thailand for the 17th and the last day we could cancel and rearrange without losing the flight money was 5pm on the Monday!
    The BRP didn't arrive with it and she didnt have time to wait fro it which was worrying as said that it needs to be signed for with a show of id to receive it - luckily this was waiting for me when i got home from work Friday, without having to sign for and means I can now send it over to her in Thailand so she can get back in the UK in a few weeks! Was wondering that we may have to do a visit visa to get her back in!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

very lucky not having to sign for it ,and im not to sure if it does need to be signed by the card holder/visa applicant ,my wife was at work at the time but the guy who delivered it was a long standing close freind no problems ,that was a big risk going out of the country without it

Member สมาชิก

I agree. My wife had to sign for her BRP and was told no one else could sign on her behalf so she had to take a day off work (works part time and they couldn’t guarantee time of delivery so couldn’t tell her if it would be delivered inside or outside her working hours).

I’m not sure where you stand with regards to coming back to the UK. Maybe you could post her BRP to her if she’s not coming back for a few weeks? I’d imagine it will be needed at passport control. Or you could go to the airport before she returns and check where you stand. Maybe they’d even let you hand over her BRP to someone at the airport to be taken through to immigration (although that sounds like they’d have to be helpful).

Member สมาชิก

Its received and in the post to her. Shes in Thailand for a month so plenty of time for it to arrive before she comes back, so no problems now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsw727 View Post
    They are eligible to apply once 5 years stay has been completed but I would apply just before it expires.
    There is no need to wait and the best advice is to apply for any of your visas as soon as you possibly can. Things change and the sooner it's done the less chance of a hurdle being chucked at you.

As soon as 5 years in country has been achieved, apply.

Also there is the 28 days before the 5 year completion that can be taken in to account so you can actually apply slightly earlier too.

My understanding is that the 33 month initial entry visa is so the applicant has enough time to locate to the UK.
    Originally the extra 3 months was indeed given to get affairs in order before leaving Thailand. I believe now that you are given a month, but it can be extended on application.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by garnett45 View Post
    Its received and in the post to her. Shes in Thailand for a month so plenty of time for it to arrive before she comes back, so no problems now.
    The Thai post is usually pretty good but you're a brave man to send something like that through the post - I wouldn't.