Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Eva flight cancelled

Anyone get caught up in BR68's cancellation out of Heathrow on Tuesday night because of the late arrival of the inbound motor ??
    Was rescheduled for late wednesday afternoon

Blog Entries

Then thank your lucky stars, you are entitled to €600 compensation (for each passenger).
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Member สมาชิก

No but I was on 68 the night before and it was a very bumpy flight.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Then thank your lucky stars, you are entitled to €600 compensation (for each passenger).
    I always seem to just miss out.

Blog Entries

You are also entitled to change the return date without additional cost.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

You can rest assured that Eva wouldn't be announcing that package of compensation when the rescheduled flight took off willingly...... People on travel forums will be aware but its always assumed that everyone is logging on to forums 24/7 where as I saw a survey couple years ago that only 3% of people are on this sort of travel forum. Off the record I think 600 Euro is outrageously high when the airlines would have provided hotels and food as well but it is what it is

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Tobias out of interest what is the threshold now for "full" compensation. ??
    London bound passengers including me from Bangkok via Bahrain on Gulf air in January 2017 were delayed 4 hours 20 minutes in Bahrain because of "unscheduled maintenance" . We got sandwichs and tea coffee but thats all we did get.

Even had to pay another coach fare on NE back home as they wouldnt honour orginal ticket because I approached the desk hour and 20 minutes after it left. Has to be within an hour now

Blog Entries

For delays over 4 hours (that is 4 hours in arriving) each passenger is entitled to €600 in compensation. However, that is only due on flights departing the EU on any airline and on flights to the EU if operated by a EU carrier.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    For delays over 4 hours (that is 4 hours in arriving) each passenger is entitled to €600 in compensation. However, that is only due on flights departing the EU on any airline and on flights to the EU if operated by a EU carrier.
    ok thanks in that case it clearly rules out compensation

Following up from above had a few minutes spare last night so just filled in an online form from "compo companies" using not my real name but using an existing email address just to see.
    The flight details I put obviously accurate. The application offered me which GF flight I was on so picked the correct one obviously

Now at this point I fully acknowledge the website "could" be obtaining details of me for other purposes but apart from a genuine but unused email address (and nothing else) used deliberately for this sort of applicaion the "result" came back yes there IS a claim but that will depend on subsequent verification from the airline (fair enough)

So this was a non EU airline departing a non EU airport but arriving at a EU airport

Interesting

Blog Entries

There is no EC261 compensation due to you for the flights to the UK on a non-EU carrier.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    So this was a non EU airline departing a non EU airport but arriving at a EU airport

Interesting
    Why. Citizens advice and the caa websites are very clear regarding compensation.
    By obtaining your details, it is more likely those details will be shared/sold to other parties.

I have never taken out a PPI or been in an RTA in 20 years, yet I have been contacted on numerous occasions saying I have and will be entitled to compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    Why. Citizens advice and the caa websites are very clear regarding compensation.
    By obtaining your details, it is more likely those details will be shared/sold to other parties.

Think you'll find I acknowledged that it my initial post.
    Last edited by wunderbar; 22nd Apr 2018 at 06:19.