Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Ukraine International Airlines business

just looking at some flights for uk to bkk for September 2018 out return April 2019,

not normally a business class flyer, although i did this trip out with Cathay LHR/HKG, returning with MH economy

but to get back on topic UIA are offering business return via Kiev, it seem to be 1st leg (PS 112) on a B737, and 2nd leg ( PS 271) they are saying they have new B777's with newer seats food etc. doing this route but this months flights are all with a B767. price is just over £1,000 with short stop overs

not a lot of reviews, seat plans etc for UIA, link to new B777 is here
    - https://www.flyuia.com/ua/en/service...-b777#bussines

what views, information or opinions do others have

They are currently coming up very cheap in economy as well for near date departures as was messing around yesterday finding flights for a group of 7.
    I red carded them without consultation going by previous personal experience ( stupidly on this occasion logging different carriers London to Bangkok now at 31 ) but it was bad, no inflight entertainment, pay for food (yes) and drink and sit anywhere seating with no intervention from flight crew and an aircraft that had a gap in the emergency exit bottom that had a "warning notice" stuck to the door clearly for the flight crews attention (am not joking)
    Dont bother whatever motor they are now scheduling onto the route

they have taken delivery of a newly built B777 and have 3 more on order for the near future, this would give them the 4 planes needed to replace the B767, they are currently using. business and premium economy have all baggage, food drinks etc, included in the price on these 777, but the information is not clear on when the new planes will start on the route, or what the seating food etc is like on the 767's that are being used at the moment, premium economy out and business return is showing at high £800

Quote Originally Posted by steve187 View Post
    they have taken delivery of a newly built B777 and have 3 more on order for the near future, this would give them the 4 planes needed to replace the B767, they are currently using. business and premium economy have all baggage, food drinks etc, included in the price on these 777, but the information is not clear on when the new planes will start on the route, or what the seating food etc is like on the 767's that are being used at the moment, premium economy out and business return is showing at high £800
    I wouldnt fly on them again if free. There may be point in the future with newer aircraft rostered that this might change. Give it 2-3 years and see what comes up on the flyer forums. Gatwick as well although that would suit some perhaps
    You can see what equipment is rostered on Travel Trolley (and probably the others) just put a date in advance and see whats listed on the pricing page

777 offerings on Ukraine are certainly rostered in October on the connection to Bangkok. Obviously likely earlier as well just a random search I was doing for customers

Please please please cut out all this pretentious 'equipment' and 'motor' bs. They fly friggin AEROPLANES.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    Please please please cut out all this pretentious 'equipment' and 'motor' bs. They fly friggin AEROPLANES.
    Yes am afraid we have moved on from the 1960's. Equipment is the correct term for rostered aircraft but I apologise profusely for mentioning "motors" on one of the posts.

Oh really

How many NORMAL people fly on 'Equipment'.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

it would seem the 'new' 777 is 12 years old, i will stick with staff ( Nonrev) tickets with Cathay, its just the 'standby' part that is a little bit disconcerting. I was just looking for something a bit more sure of departure and arrival times.