Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Planned Travel Date-settlement visa

Hi all just a quick one. On the settlement visa application it asks what your planned travel date is, do I need to factor in the 12 weeks processing time? i.e 12 weeks after the vfs appointment?

Cheers,

Andy.

Yes, that's what I did. We put my wife's planned travel date as 1st May and we received it this week with the visa starting on the 24th April. You just need to be prepared to move at short notice. You get 30 days to arrive and collect the BRP, although you can get that extended/changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ace_rimmer View Post
    Yes, that's what I did. We put my wife's planned travel date as 1st May and we received it this week with the visa starting on the 24th April. You just need to be prepared to move at short notice. You get 30 days to arrive and collect the BRP, although you can get that extended/changed.
    Excellent, thanks mate!!

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It worked against us when we did my wifes a long time ago. I "guestimated" the turn around time and put a date based on that. They actually issued the visa within 3 weeks but still used the travel date we requested as the start date. That meant my wife had to wait another month before she could travel

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

We put my wife's planned travel date as 1st May and we received it this week with the visa starting on the 24th April.
    They are burgers for that. They ask you for a travel date then start the visa earlier so you've already used up a week of it!

Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    It worked against us when we did my wifes a long time ago. I "guestimated" the turn around time and put a date based on that. They actually issued the visa within 3 weeks but still used the travel date we requested as the start date. That meant my wife had to wait another month before she could travel
    This is exactly what I'm concerned about!

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    They are burgers for that. They ask you for a travel date then start the visa earlier so you've already used up a week of it!
    Exactly! I wonder if I should try putting an earlier travel date?

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

I've read pretty much every post on settlement over the last 12 months and i've yet to see anyone post that they received the visa quickly. The 95% of visas processed in 12 weeks is the statistic to go by. But for some strange reason it ALWAYS seems to be around that time or slightly longer for a standard application. Priority applications will always be at the head of the queue. Money talks....

I've read pretty much every post on settlement over the last 12 months and i've yet to see anyone post that they received the visa quickly. The 95% of visas processed in 12 weeks is the statistic to go by. But for some strange reason it ALWAYS seems to be around that time or slightly longer for a standard application. Priority applications will always be at the head of the queue. Money talks....
    I have read exactly the opposite over the last few months where paying for priority has not given a speedy visa. Back in early 2016 when my wife applied, she received her visa in 15 days without paying for a priority application. Back then 14-21 days was normal.

It's all gone bad since they moved the decision making to Sheffield.

I'm just going to work on the assumption that its going to take 12 weeks to process, it's something to work with I guess. If it arrives sooner, then even better.

So happy that my wife went for settlement back before they moved the decision making to Sheffield. 15 days and she flew back the same night that she picked the visa up.

I wish I'd known sooner tbh, I have done exactly the same. My own fault for not keeping up to date with things. I'll not make that mistake again though haha.