Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Retirement visa for Thailand what's the process

Hi all, I have had a look through the Thai visa section but can't find what I'm looking for.
    when I retire, I'm guessing I will enter Thailand on the 30 day visa that you are granted on entry at the airport, so how do I go about applying for a retirement visa? Is this done while I'm in Thailand, or do I apply to the Thai embassy in the U.K.? Keeping in mind that when I first arrive I will only have a 30 day visa...
    sorry if this all sounds a bit vague, but when I retire I will fly to Thailand, I will live at the girlfriend house, I plan on living there with her for a year, really to make sure that I can hack it in Thailand before I commit to building a house. I will rent out my house in the uk for a year, so if things don't work out I have a plan B. I'm sure things will be fine, but I do like to have a back up plan....
    many thanks in advance for your replys
    essexboys

From what I've read others say you should get a 90 day visa first in the UK and then change it once there.
    Not a good idea just to turn up with the basic 30 day stamp.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Thanks Marshall , I guess I can apply for that here in the uk from the Thai embassy

Member สมาชิก

Premium Member

see here all visa details on this link from Royal Thai Embassy including if you have the money, a long term 5yr plus 5 yr extension multi entry for over 50s. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en...t-visas.html#6
    Also they have updated their info on taking medicines into Thailand.

The 30 day upon entry for certain nationalities including UK passport holders is Visa exempt IE is no Visa issued ....
    bangkok mags

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

if in receipt of a state pension you can obtain a non immigrant 'O' visa from London, , a yearly ' retirement' extension could then be obtained within Thailand after complying with financial requirements.

if over 50 you can obtain a non immigrant 'O' 'A' visa from London, this would give you a 1 year permission to stay stamp on arrival, financial and other requirements required.if a fresh entry is made just prior to the expiry date of the original visa a 2nd 1 year permission to stay stamp would be given, streching your stay to 2 years.

A conversion to a non immigrant 'O' visa from a 30 day visa exempt entry, or a 60 day tourist visa entry ca be obtained within Thailand, financial requirements apply.

A multi entry tourist tourist visa will be valid for 6 months and will give you a 60 day stamp on each entry, a fresh entry made just before visa expiry, together with a locally obtained 30 day extension will stretch your stay in Thailand to 9 months.

Steve187, thank you for your very informative reply, I think I will look at getting the non immigrant O A visa from London, by the time I apply for it I will be 60 but not in receipt of the state pension, I will be ok to meet the financial requirement though.
    many thanks for all the replys from everyone
    essexboys

Forum Dinosaur ไดโนเสาร์ caller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Steve187, thank you for your very informative reply, I think I will look at getting the non immigrant O A visa from London, by the time I apply for it I will be 60 but not in receipt of the state pension, I will be ok to meet the financial requirement though.
    many thanks for all the replys from everyone
    essexboys
    Just shout if you need any help, which I doubt. Plenty of us here on an OA via London.
    'Tis me

Hi caller, thanks for your reply, I will certainly keep your offer in mind, it's always good to get help from people who have done it before, the advice is time saving and invaluable.
    many thanks
    essex boys