Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Did they cancel the 26th appointment in favour of the one on 23rd? If so you might need to get that reinstated pronto.

Anyway, better news - have a great weekend!!

Thanks, the JobCentrePlus has not responded to my letter yet, the 26th date I will still attend, I will then no doubt have further discussions with them on the 2 that were put down for the 23rd.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Good to see I was correct in saying not withdraw. Good you didn't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by KhunIanB-UK View Post
    As I have told them the truth and not hidden anything then I can't be charged with Benefit Fraud. Have their number to contact on if needed.

So it looks like another Government Agency not really knowing their own system and giving out bad/contradictory advice
    Glad you got some peace of mind, at last.

The DWP and also in it's earlier guises of the DHSS and then DSS have always been completely incompetent. I actually left the Civil Service when I learnt my Govt. Department was going to merge be subsumed by them, which wasn't in my career plans.

Good luck with your future plans.
    'Tis me

Wow, just been hit with a Text Message that shows what sort of department it is:-

Thu 19/7/2018 12:41
    "We confirm that your JSA claim is now closed. Any payment due will be paid into your account on 24/7/2018."

No supporting information, no reply to my letter, no what to do next, suppose that's what I get for being a burden to the state after 32 years of work and daring to go to a family wedding that's not in this country.

Member สมาชิก

Look into claiming a hardship loan since the old claim was closed and start a new application so its ready for your return.. before this rejection your best bet would have A to say you had interview, or B claim illness and cant attend. White lies don’t hurt anyone.. but it appears the honesty is the correct way and they’ve shafted you anyway.. not right at all...

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

You always get caught out in the long run if you lie to the benefits people. Don't lie.

It seems like caught out anyway/dragged into a system that is a complete mess.

They paid £41.78 into my account for the 3 days 17th to 19th July, as there is a week that don't get paid for when signing on. I then got tied into more phone calls, chase ups and quagmire on the 24th July. Attended another interview on 30th July to get signed back on under Contribution Based - New Style, they say that I shouldn't be penalised another week and the earlier claim should merge with the new one, but to query further if that is not the case.

Still waiting for responses to my letters and need to lodge a complaint with them over miscalculations and then eventually I might be able to find time to get another job...

The "Entitled to" calculator https://www.entitledto.co.uk/ and the actual claims process seem to have a massive disparity!