Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Retirement O-A visa, Questions from a newbee

My name is James, 51, and retired.

I have been going to Thailand for the last 20+ years so not quite green over there.

Planning to retire at the beginning of November.

Medical insurance has been sorted for the first year.

Ok I would like to get the visa before I arrive in Thailand and so I have download the paperwork to see if there is any issues before I submit them closer to the departure date.

A couple of issues to be sorted.

How do I prove my monthly income? the forms I have seen online involve the British embassy in Thailand. How do I do it while I am still in the UK?

The medical form, Can I get my UK doctor to sign these?

The visa application form asks for "Evidence substantiating your purpose of visit". What do they require?

"Propose address in Thailand". Can I give the name of the hotel I will be in for the first week or so?

Cheers in advance

James

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi James.
    I had an OA visa last year and I'm in the proces of getting my paper work together for this year.
    I put in a statement of an active account with £18,000 + in it. Wasn't asked for proof of income.
    Yes you get your doctor to fill out the medical form.
    No evidence just put retired.
    Yes the adress of the place that you will be first staying in.

A question for you. ....... Is it two or three application forms to be submitted. ??

Good luck.
    Mick

You prove evidence of income via bank statements and (in my case) a letter from my bank, confirming the same. You also need this notarised. I also provided evidence of my monthly pension statements. They retain the extra copies of what they want and return everything else.
    'Tis me

Rookie มือใหม่

Thankyou for your replies.

Just to clarify, On the money side I am going down the route of monthly income only.

I have two pensions and am comfortable about the required limit.

I do not remember reading that I had to provide notarised bank statements, The only info I have found on this subject is a letter you send to the British embassy in Bangkok with a list of your weekly/monthly incomes and they then issue a letter, for a fee of course.

There is a main application form plus an additional one to be fill out. Two sets required.

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra747 View Post
    The only info I have found on this subject is a letter you send to the British embassy in Bangkok with a list of your weekly/monthly incomes and they then issue a letter, for a fee of course.
    That's for applications within Thailand. Things are different there as you will see when you extend your visa for the first time.

I've just had a look on the RTE website and you're right, it doesn't say anything about having any documents notarised but..............that doesn't mean they don't need to be. Its Thai authorities we are talking about........I'd call them or e-mail them first.
    Last edited by Flip; 17th Jul 2018 at 12:17.

Rookie มือใหม่

Thank you Flip. I will send a e-mail to the Embassy in Bangkok and ask them how to go about getting the income letter whilst I am still in the UK.

I am just getting the paperwork filled out and sorting out any issues, but will not actually be applying for the visa until closer to my departure time I plan to go in the first week of November.

It might have changed, when I got my AO visa in the UK you had to get your docs notarised. Maybe they relaised that's not worth the paper it's written on.
    'Tis me

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra747 View Post
    Thank you Flip. I will send a e-mail to the Embassy in Bangkok and ask them how to go about getting the income letter whilst I am still in the UK.
    I wouldn't bother doing that - such a letter probably won't be acceptable as your application will be made in England. Any questions should be to the Royal Thai Embassy, London.