Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Visa For Italy, Belgium......

My Wife has now been in the UK now for 6 months and she has a Residence Permit. We want to go to Italy or Belgium together for a few days.
    Has anyone any idea what visa we need? There are not many sites on the net where it is not clearly explained they all seem to be agency's trying to get your money. I have even read that she does not need a visa if we travel together.
    So confused and any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Terry

She needs a Schengen visa.

You can go direct to the Embassy but you need to apply to the countries embassy where you are spending the most time, if I remember correctly the country you are entering first.

Because she is traveling with you they should grant the visa within 15 days and if you go direct to the Embassy it should be free. You also have to supply far less info because you are married and traveling together.

All of the Embassies try and send you to their visa handling companies (TLS etc) but they also have to offer them directly too.

I would suggest that you email them directly requesting an appointment and ask which documents are needed. They all seem to be different.

Went into London last year to the Danish Embassy for my wife to get a visa for Iceland and came back with it a couple of hours later.

http://conslondra.esteri.it/consolato_londra/en/

https://unitedkingdom.diplomatie.belgium.be/en

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    You can go direct to the Embassy but you need to apply to the countries embassy where you are spending the most time, if I remember correctly the country you are entering first.
    Without checking, I believe the official line is: the main country you will visit (i.e. spend the most time) OR the embassy of the first Schengen member you will visit. however:

(All of this is from memory and things may have changed as to the best embassy to use) Following advice I received on here many years ago which included tales of some embassies mucking you around a lot, we applied to the one which was listed as causing the least grief and that would allow postal applications (some don't). I believe that was the German Embassy. Whatever, we never went near that country and nobody either does nor can, bat an eyelid. A schengen visa, once granted, covers the applicant for travel to any member country - plans can and do change.

Member สมาชิก

Exactly what l did back in 2009...applied to the German Embassy via post and travelled to Spain or Portugal. Enjoy your holiday.

There is a post that I began, with a lot of the answers to your questions your after... It’s a bit of a mind field though as you are finding out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Andy
    Nothing ever Changes...but the shoes!

Schengen Visa for Spain

http://thailand-uk.com/forums/showth...Visa-for-Spain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tobias; 22nd Jul 2018 at 13:20. Reason: Changed link from Tapatalk to T-UK URL
    Andy
    Nothing ever Changes...but the shoes!