Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Visa options question

I am due another visit to Thailand in next few weeks, last time I was there I went with tourist visa for 60 days and due to complications I returned earlier than the planned 3 months stay with visa extension.
    this time I am thinking of applying for the Non-Immigrant Visa O-A so we have no complications and I can stay for 90 days
    the form asks for savings at present I don’t have any but PIP claim has been reinstated and I cab show that as savings, I am in receipt of ESA and PIP which will be the money to support me and the wife while there.
    i am eligible to stay no more than 12 weeks under UK rules

what visa do you guys think i should go for ???

tourist or the staying with spouse option ?

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Have you read the requirements for an O-A properly? As your married, why not apply for a Non O for the purpose of visiting your wife? Less documentation but you will have to leave after 90 days although it appears you will be doing that anyway. You will need a copy of your marriage certificate and a copy of either your wife's passport or her Thai ID card. I've always sent 3 months bank statements but people report that no financial evidence is actually required regarless of what it says on the RTE website. I made a phone call to the RTE and asked them about that. They told me that although proof of an income of £1400 per month is a requirement, they don't always insist on it and the marriage certificate and ID card/Passport are the most important documents.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Have you read the requirements for an O-A properly? As your married, why not apply for a Non O for the purpose of visiting your wife? Less documentation but you will have to leave after 90 days although it appears you will be doing that anyway. You will need a copy of your marriage certificate and a copy of either your wife's passport or her Thai ID card. I've always sent 3 months bank statements but people report that no financial evidence is actually required regarless of what it says on the RTE website. I made a phone call to the RTE and asked them about that. They told me that although proof of an income of £1400 per month is a requirement, they don't always insist on it and the marriage certificate and ID card/Passport are the most important documents.

Hi mate thanks for both your responses i spoke to RTE this morning. I explained my last visit of 66 days and got fined 3000 baht and she said apply for the Non O single visit and all she said was send wife’s documents and our marriage certificate. I did explain that i get ESA and PIP but that evidence doesn’t need submitting..

your advice is solid mate, and i know PIP makes the recipient exempt from any financial rulings when it come to England and just hope the same goes for the Thailand rule. (Fingers crossed they don’t ask) last time there we had more than enough money to live on and treat ourselves every week to a few luxury expenses.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

PS: Ive also seen advice for settlement visa applications not to submit financial evidence of wife’s because its not necessary and they will go to town on her statements etc etc

same for my account details now I’m over the moon because i get PIP so guess could say I’m lucky or the spirits above have my back

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Just make sure that you have at least 20,000 baht (or equivalent) when you arrive at Thai immigration. There are reports on other forums of this being enforced at some crossings - even for O visa holders and some denied entry. It is unlikely at Suvanabhumi but as you've had an overstay fine, you may well come under additional scrutiny.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Just make sure that you have at least 20,000 baht (or equivalent) when you arrive at Thai immigration. There are reports on other forums of this being enforced at some crossings - even for O visa holders and some denied entry. It is unlikely at Suvanabhumi but as you've had an overstay fine, you may well come under additional scrutiny.
    Having looked at what the 20000 baht conversion was I can confirm I’ll have in excess of that