Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Happy news

Member สมาชิก

Default Happy news

I have just had my Personal Independent Payment reinstated and extended for 4 years.
    i am also in reciept of Employment Support Allowance, having the PIP reinstated means i am exempt from the £18,600 financial ruling.
    i am now thinking maybe the wife should now do the visit visa and then apply for settlement visa at a later date next year.
    i see some people have had settlement visas approved without doing the visit process and now my mind is in two thoughts.
    im going to spend a few days seeing other peoples posts and may be back asking many questions to make sure we do everything correctly..

cannot thank the people in this forum enough for the help so far

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Your wife visiting is more for her to be sure she can settle in the UK before taking the plunge. Provided you can show your relationship is real it shouldn't make any difference to chance of a successful settlement visa application. Personally I'd recommend it though.

Member สมาชิก

My wife came here straight on a settlement visa without having visited previously and she loves it here, despite her first day arriving in a cold January with snow on the ground. Bringing her here on a visit visa first will have no standing whatsoever on a settlement visa application.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Your wife visiting is more for her to be sure she can settle in the UK before taking the plunge. Provided you can show your relationship is real it shouldn't make any difference to chance of a successful settlement visa application. Personally I'd recommend it though.

Mate I’m pretty sure she’s going to like it here, she cant stand the heat and loves being cold.. right up her street England is, though i have told her a few times she might not like it as much as she thinks.. when last in Thailand met a lad from Scotland with his wife.. got chatting and she visited England once and decided never again, so the both of them live in Thailand for 10 years and haven’t been back to England once lol