Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is it possible?

Premium Member

Default Is it possible?

Hi everyone,

does anyone know if it is possible for a Thai family member to come to to come to the UK to look after their elderly sister (80s) and in worsening health. The sister is Thai but a log standing British Citizen and lives alone. she is needing increasing amounts of care and is to start weekly dialysis.

Thanks in advance for any help /advice

Steve

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Short term on a visit visa - yes, although the purpose stated for the visit must be to visit the relative, not care for them. Bag of worms opens if care is mentioned.

A visa to come over and take care - no.

Premium Member

Thanks Flip, thats what i thought.

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi, I am very new here and wonder if anyone can help me and can see a little information, but it is confusing.
    I have a Thai wife and have 2 granddaughters and I live in Thailand with them and we are planning to go to the UK in the next year or so.
    Yes, I believe one needs what is I think called a tourist visa and would like to point out that it is purely for holiday.
    Can anyone suggest the procedure and where do I go in Bangkok or to download application forms.
    I am not sure of the procedure, but someone states one has to do it online and then get an appointment in due course in Bangkok and yes if the visas are approved in due course, how would I get this visa in the various passports.
    Any information would be very much appreciated and if on the wrong area, I apologise. Thanks so much

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks Darren and seems complicated and like everything else once done it not so bad. appreciate it

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi How long does it take for a tourist visa to come through and what site do you get the application forms and believe it might be done on line. Thanks again

See also carers.

However, note that the visitor rules and guidance have been updated.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by john howard west View Post
    Yes, I believe one needs what is I think called a tourist visa and would like to point out that it is purely for holiday.
    Am I reading this wrong John? Are you saying that only one grandaughter needs a visa - if so why? Or are you using the other meaning of 'one' - i.e. one's self?