Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Kampol

Hi Everyone

I just got a leaflet from my ESOL class this morning. It may be useful for someone.

ESOL Courses with Birmingham Adult Education Service Summer 2007 Programme:

1.ESOL for Citisenship Entry 3/Level 1 ; At Small Heath Centre ; Course date 9th July - 26th July ; Course Time 9.30 - 12.00

2.ESOL for Citisenship Entry 2/3 Level ; At Small Heath Centre ; Course date 9th July - 26th July ; Course Time 9.30- 12.00

You can ask more information by telephone number 0121 303 4318 or Website : www.bgfl.org/changeyourlife

Good luck

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

Khun Kampol

May I ask? Am live in Southampton Marchwood., Hampshire. (Frish time for me to be here)
    Where can I have class ESOL., Am available to start as soon as posible., I try to contact Brokenhurst Colleage., officien said I got to paid this courses. So now am confuse I should pay or not Is courses is belonge Goverment right. And on this time every class close or not (someone said in this summer they close for 2 months)
    I don't know anything. could you help me please or let's me know about this courses. It's veryimportant to me.
    Thank you very much.
    Tip
    edit Personal E-mail address removed by moderator (Conrad). If you wish to contact TipTip please do so by PM

Post Thanks / Like

Aom has just been informed today that her ESOL with citizenship courses will be chargeable from next term at £1.70 an hour. All courses will be charged for unless on benefits!!

We had a talk about this and agree that the £1.70 would be wasted as most of the lessons are spent going over what people who do not turn up have missed and the teacher getting angry with those who turn up and leave when they want. It appears these people will still get the courses for free.

Be aware anyone booking the courses that the more you pay and the less peole on freebies the better the quality may be. The other option is getting the Life in the UK book and sitting the test, could work out cheaper and nicer with partners helping each other through the book

Serial Poster ผู้โพสต์ต่อเนื่อง colin244's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed,
    We (sorry I will be looking very carefully into this)
    colin 244
    I am not a number, I am a free man

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tiptip:
    Khun Kampol

May I ask? Am live in Southampton Marchwood., Hampshire. (Frish time for me to be here)
    Where can I have class ESOL., Am available to start as soon as posible., I try to contact Brokenhurst Colleage., officien said I got to paid this courses. So now am confuse I should pay or not Is courses is belonge Goverment right. And on this time every class close or not (someone said in this summer they close for 2 months)
    I don't know anything. could you help me please or let's me know about this courses. It's veryimportant to me.
    Thank you very much.
    Tip QUOTE]
    Hi Tip, welcome to the forum.
    I can not answer where you can find a course in your area (I have a phone number at home which I will find for you tonight) but depending on how long you have been in country you may have to pay. I was told that my wife must have been in the country for a full year before her course was free and it took us this long (off and on searching) to eventually find somewhere.
    The schools are closing now for the summer holidays and will start registration for courses in September, you will need to check then to see what is available. There are some colleges that run Summer courses but these will usually be payable.
    Hope that helps a bit, but I am sure there will be others along soon with more information for you.

By the way I would not advise posting your e-mail address on an open forum, if it is needed by someone then use the PM facility.
    Champions 20|13

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Gary & Nok,

Thank you very much for you help.
    So now I will stay in UK 3 months and be back Thailand for exam (last exam in University). My Visa is Multi-sprout (Settlement)am live in Marchwood., Southampton.
    My husband he got project here project gonna be go on. I need to developing my brain about English language. And we try to find out about the courses but very rare. Everytime when all call to Colleage most there need leave messaged. How long they gonna conttace me? Or what can I do? To day am call again leave message is the same. Any College I can study? Can you suggest?
    Thank again.
    Tip

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Tiptip,
    Sorry, I don't have a solution for you, but I recognise the problem in this area.
    My wife was already resident in this country when I married her, but when she came to live with me here I thought she would benefit from an English course. The recommended place was the City College in Southampton, but they were full up and not interested. We went up to Eastleigh College and saw somebody, they were going to get in touch and never did, and after that she got a job and we gave up the idea.
    As I'm sure you know, there is a very large Polish community in the Southampton area, as well as other foreign communities, and so there is a very big demand for English courses

Kampol

Hi Tip

At the moment ESOL courses are free for someone who has been legally resident in the UK for three years (or 12 months if married to a British citizen). But the DFES regulations governing fees will change for the 2007-8 academic year.

So I am waiting for the next academic year .My teacher told every students that this isn't exactly yet. We have to wait until September. Anyway I don't think they will charge alot.

I think you should go to the library that is close to your home.Actually they should have a guidebook for Adult Education Learning there. I am sure there must be ESOL courses in your town.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Kampol, thanks for posting that information. Useful!

If anyone is searching for those courses in Small Heath, the course number is EN524063 if your English is Entry 2 level, or EN524064 if your English is Entry 3 level.

Knowing that will make it easier to locate more information on the BGFL (Birmingham Grid for Learning) website.

These course start next week!
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Tip, sorry for not getting back to you on this before.

The phone number I used was 0800 015 4245 (between 8am - 10pm).

This was answered by a helpful man who then gave me a number of the local person (after telling him were I live) who could help me find the ESOL/Citizenship course my wife has just done.

Hope it is useful for you.
    Champions 20|13

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

For Tiptip,
    I did a search for ESOL UK Liverpool
    and were sites from colleges and Liverpool council.
    Search fr same with Southampton comes up with colleges.
    May be a college near you.

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Gary&Nok, Mellowsailor, Khun Kampol, Khun Ubon-Expat,

Thank you very much for information. I will try to find out again. And let's you know succeed or not. If you have any news about ESOL more please leave a message. Am looking forward to hear that.

I would like to said thank you very much again,
    Tiptip

Kampol

Hi Everyone,

Tip,you're welcome. Everyone in this website is kind. They try to help.

One more news : For the next academic year,ESOL courses in my town are changed the time to 3 hours per time. (before it was one hour and fifty minutes and there were twice days a week.They are starting 9.30-12.30 .There are maximum 10 students in the class.

At my town college,they teach 4 days per week and they start 9.30-14.oo. per day. My friend told me that the students could walk out any time they want.There are about 15 students in the class.

I have had the exams and got the certificate from the Trinity College London ( The International Examinations Board).

Cheers

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear all,

Am contacted every College around my area Totton College, Brockenhurst College, Southampton College they don't have a courses now because Summer, They will have courses on September only. Well... Any college will have English Languge courses now?

Tip

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by tiptip:
    Dear all,

Am contacted every College around my area Totton College, Brockenhurst College, Southampton College they don't have a courses now because Summer, They will have courses on September only. Well... Any college will have English Languge courses now?

Tip
    You should contact you local council, they will run courses.
    Mark
    ควาย