Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

FLR/ILR/Naturalisation.

The application times for the above visas is approx 3 to 6 months thats a long time to be without passports.

No way of communicating with the offices concerned as nobody answers the phones.

And their putting the charges up and moving the goal posts. lovely people????

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, isn’t life wonderful? When we were going for ILR we couldn’t go to mainland Europe for the three months preceding the expiry of the FLR visa. Why because you cannot apply for a Schengen visa to visit Europe with only three months left on your FLR. Then as you rightly say when you do apply for ILR off go your passports for an extended holiday of two to three months, so no travelling out of the UK again! And if you did have to travel, say because of an emergency, and ask for your passports back, your application is withdrawn and you have to apply and pay again.

At least by using the Nationality Checking Service we can keep our passports and go off on a holiday to Thailand, but watch out, if you don’t respond in three weeks to any query they send you, then again they can cancel your application for citizenship and keep the fee.

Post Thanks / Like

At least by using the Nationality Checking Service we can keep our passports and go off on a holiday to Thailand,
    Not if like me you live in sunny Bournemouth because we have no checking service. There's not one close so no going anywhere for another 3 to 6 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Not if like me you live in sunny Bournemouth because we have no checking service. There's not one close so no going anywhere for another 3 to 6 months.
    Depends on your definition of close! There is an NCS office in Winchester, and another in Portsmouth. Too far to travel?
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Yes John I saw those offices maybe I shall just have to put up with the hassle of the journey.But just the wifes passport this time as will be for naturalisation

Post Thanks / Like

But just the wifes passport this time as will be for naturalisation
    Well no! Assuming she is making a 3-year application as the spouse of a British Citizen, your passport is required as well.

If she is making a 5-year application then your passport not required.
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Well no! Assuming she is making a 3-year application as the spouse of a British Citizen, your passport is required as well.
    I was just going to send my birth certificate (form states spouse passport or birth certificate)

I have just phoned Liverpool and they said that I can send certified copies of wife passport or copy my passport (certified by a solicitor)or my birth certificate.

The original esol certificates and letter from school.
    As well as marriage certificate.
    Will save me a trip to Portsmouth

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

is NCS available in NORTHERN IRELAND ?

Post Thanks / Like

From the UKBA Website it would appear not, might be worth a call to your Local Authority or to the UKBA to find out why not?