Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Rich & Orasa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We will be taking our daughter, who is nearly 2, to Thailand for the first time in December. Since we haven't been to the Thai Embassy in London yet to register her birth, I'm assuming that we can do the deed in BKK instead. Has anyone had any experience of doing this in BKK ? I'm guessing that the procedure is the same as it would be in London except possibly cheaper and quicker.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

If your daughter was born here (UK) I don't think you can do it in Thailand or you can but it will be very complexation and take time.

I did ask them once about 2 years ago when I went back to LOS that I wanted to registered Craig (My son) who was born in the UK and I didn't do it in the UK but I wanted to do in Thailand the officer at the Amphur told me a lot of things to do so I gave up and did it in the UK after I came back. It's more easier and faster

Nana

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply Nana. I think I'll ask Orasa to phone the Royal Thai Embassy in London and see what they say.

Post Thanks / Like

Orasa phoned the RTE in London a few minutes ago. Their advice was the same advice that Nana gave : since the child was born in the UK it's better to register the birth in the UK.

Post Thanks / Like
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.