Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

i am in the process of filling out my wifes application for british nationality,she's been here 5 years now and had ILR for a couple.just one question,do we hwve to supply original marriage certificate or can we send the translated copy we used for visa application.(we married in bangkok).
    thanks

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

i am in the process of filling out my wifes application for british nationality,she's been here 5 years now and had ILR for a couple.just one question,do we hwve to supply original marriage certificate or can we send the translated copy we used for visa application.(we married in bangkok).
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Robert d,

We sent off the orignal and the translated copy (non Thai MFA certified copy), I unfortunately spilt coffee over them both, it wiped off the original, but ripped and stained the copy (including the translation agency stamp), I think we hit on a good day as there were no problems. I don't know for certain, but I would say the original is very important and would be suprised (even though it can't be understood by the majority of Brits) if an application went through without it. If you've got it send it in, if you haven't then get one sent from Thailand, due to costs I think all applications should be as water (and coffee) tight as possible. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, check on the goverment web site and see if there is a nationality checking centre near you, we used it for my wifes application cost £40 but they check all the information and do all the photo copys for you, they will not send it if you dont have all the correct information, so if you just send to the home office and its wrong thats £655 down the drain.click on www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Post Thanks / Like

Very good idea to use the NCS as there may be other less known issues that may affect eligibility. Plus, you also get to keep your valuable documents, rather than risk them being lost.

The local authority will also photocopy and certify any valuable documents such as your passport. Your valuable documents will be returned and you will not need to send them to us. You must take the original documents with you to the local authority; photocopies are not acceptable.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Post Thanks / Like

What stopped me using the NCS was the wait for an appointment, phoned 3 centres, Birmingham, Leicester and Northampton as there is not one in Coventry.

If you intend to use this service (costs vary according to what price they want to charge, but all around £40) then book an appointment well in advance otherwise you may find you have to wait months

Post Thanks / Like

do we hwve to supply original marriage certificate or can we send the translated copy we used for visa application
    Always supply both together, never separately. In other words, whilst the translation is of course very helpful, give them the opportunity to get their own translation done, if that is what they want to do.

NCS office? Anyone in the West Midlands area should not overlook the fact that Dudley has a NCS office. No doubt that was very busy before the Birmingham office opened, but now maybe less so.
    John