Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

I have recently returned from Thailand where my girlfriend Som has now become my wife. We had a beautiful wedding at her family’s home and are expecting our baby at the beginning of August. We have registered the marraige in Bangkok and have compiled the settlement visa application with all supporting documents except one. I am actually moving home tomorrow and so don’t as yet have proof of ownership of the new property that I am buying. My question is this: What document(s) will the embassy want to see? Is a completion statement from my solicitor enough or do I have to get a copy of the mortgage deed or title deed? Any one have experience of applying for a visa when buying or having just bought a new property?

Thanks

Rob

Rookie มือใหม่
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

I have recently returned from Thailand where my girlfriend Som has now become my wife. We had a beautiful wedding at her family’s home and are expecting our baby at the beginning of August. We have registered the marraige in Bangkok and have compiled the settlement visa application with all supporting documents except one. I am actually moving home tomorrow and so don’t as yet have proof of ownership of the new property that I am buying. My question is this: What document(s) will the embassy want to see? Is a completion statement from my solicitor enough or do I have to get a copy of the mortgage deed or title deed? Any one have experience of applying for a visa when buying or having just bought a new property?

Thanks

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

I'm tempted to say don't tell them as you haven't actually moved yet. You only need recent documents, provide a council tax bill for your old property and matching utility bills. They will see from you bank statements if you are paying a mortgage so if the application is going in soon, leave it at that.

BigRed

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by DD:
    My question is this: What document(s) will the embassy want to see? Is a completion statement from my solicitor enough or do I have to get a copy of the mortgage deed or title deed?
    Any one of those three, or any combination of, will be sufficient.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

DD, I was in a similar situation. I had letters from the builders ( it was a new property ), correspondence from solicitors and property details etc. Also included a letter explaining the situation with timeframe for moving in. I also explained what would happen if the property was not going to be ready in time!
    Good luck