Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

My wifes Thai passport has expired. Does she have to go to Embassy in London , or can we send old passport and any other documents needed in post. We live up in Sheffield.
    Cheers.

My wifes Thai passport has expired. Does she have to go to Embassy in London , or can we send old passport and any other documents needed in post. We live up in Sheffield.
    Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the application can be made by post, but because the passport has expired there is an additional form to fill in.

My wife Nat phoned the RTE in London and discussed this with them and they issued all the required forms. Maybe your wife should also give the RTE in London a ring.
    John

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

now they start do e passport which mean you have to go to RTE !they will need to print your figers print !!
    i did my in thailand when we went on holiday

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If you just want to extend an existing passport this can still, I believe, be done by post; but they will only extend it until June/July 2010. After which all Thai passports are supposed to be biometric.

If she's already had a 5 year extension and so wants a new passport then I'm afraid you'll have to apply in person at the RTE so that they can take electronic photos and fingerprints.

At least, that's the information they gave us.

See passports from the RTE website.