Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello there, i am new to this forum. I have just come back from Thailand and i am looking at going again in 6 weeks. I have met a girl and i want to bring her home to England for a holiday (approx 3 months). I am wondering how i go about gaining a holiday visa for my girlfriend. What things do i need to take with me to help with the visa? i have been told i need to take proof of earnings, proof of address and pictures of house. Also character references were mentioned. can anyone tell me if this is correct and if i need anything else? thanks in advance for your help.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello there, i am new to this forum. I have just come back from Thailand and i am looking at going again in 6 weeks. I have met a girl and i want to bring her home to England for a holiday (approx 3 months). I am wondering how i go about gaining a holiday visa for my girlfriend. What things do i need to take with me to help with the visa? i have been told i need to take proof of earnings, proof of address and pictures of house. Also character references were mentioned. can anyone tell me if this is correct and if i need anything else? thanks in advance for your help.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Well she will need to have a proper Job and Land in her name and the reason for this is Reason to Return. How long have you known her and do you have pictures and copies of correspondence. Have a look at the forum UK Visa's. The more information you give the better the odds of gaining a visa
    Pronoia: The feeling that others are conspiring to help you!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

You will also have to prove you can support her while here so financial details will be needed and a letter from your employer stating you are gainfully employed
    Pronoia: The feeling that others are conspiring to help you!

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of info on this forum, take a few hours to have a read though previous threads.

A search on "visit visa" brought up 42 pages of results.

You can find some good info on UK VISA and UK VISIT VISA
    Mark
    ควาย

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

hi there

i think you should give it a bit more time before trying to get her a visa, a few trips to thailand will help though,if i was you i would start keeping all your phone bills,emails,letters you will need these for your evidence folder,on your next visit try to get as many photos as you can in differant places,keep any hotel recipts with both your names on them,and also spend a few hundred hours searching these forums you will find every thing you need right here my friend
    good luck kd

Post Thanks / Like

As said before the main hurdle you will have to jump over is reason to return. As she works in a bar and probably dosen't get pay slips she won't be able to use her job as a reason to return so you will need to find something else?
    Mark
    ควาย

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์
    Post Thanks / Like

Where does the OP say bargirl?

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Where does the OP say bargirl? Confused

He doesn't. Nor did I. I said she works in a bar.
    Mark
    ควาย

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Mark W:
    Where does the OP say bargirl? Confused

He doesn't. Nor did I. I said she works in a bar.
    Where does it say that? Or am I going blind?

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, don't panic your not going blind. The OP has posted the same question on a number of Thailand forums, one of which I happen to read where he goes into a tad more detail.
    Mark
    ควาย

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank god for that!

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

I think it might be best to restrict our responses here to the posts that are made here. There may be good reasons why posters adopt different approaches, or even persona, on different forums.
    Gordie T Geordie

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by GTG:
    I think it might be best to restrict our responses here to the posts that are made here. There may be good reasons why posters adopt different approaches, or even persona, on different forums.
    Point taken, just thought it was relevent to the question. Please feel free to delelte my posts ( and maybe Nicks as it wouldn't make sense. )
    Mark
    ควาย