Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Merc Fintail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Da`s Passport is to expire in march and we are wondering how to get a new one. We are going to Thailand in mid july. Da has ILR and she has just passed her citizenship test. Anyway, Da is giong to apply for citizenship as from now. Will this clash with renewing her Thai passport? Does Da just contact Hull as regards to renewing her Thai passport?

Cheers Paul & Da

Post Thanks / Like

Da`s Passport is to expire in march and we are wondering how to get a new one. We are going to Thailand in mid july. Da has ILR and she has just passed her citizenship test. Anyway, Da is giong to apply for citizenship as from now. Will this clash with renewing her Thai passport? Does Da just contact Hull as regards to renewing her Thai passport?

Cheers Paul & Da

Post Thanks / Like

Does Da just contact Hull as regards to renewing her Thai passport?
    No, the Consulates cannot deal with passport applications/renewals, only the Thai Embassy in London. Get Da to call them to confirm what she needs to do. Contact details here:

http://thailand-uk.com/thaiemb.html

If her passport is 5 years old it can be extended, but only until July 2010 as Thailand have introduced the new E-Passports. It's probably not worth extending for 3 years as the cost of extension is the same as a new passport, so she may as well apply for a new E-Passport. If her Thai passport is 10 years old, she'll need a new one regardless:

Some details in English here:

Thai Electronic Passport (E-Passport)

.. and in Thai here:

การขอหนังสือเดินทางเล่มใหม่ E-PASSPORT หรือ กรณีหนังสือเดินทางสูญหาย

Regards
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Post Thanks / Like

my wife has to do the same , this year and you can download form from thai website in london and you have to do it in person and they send it away to bangkok to do it. it takes about 2 months they say.
    www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk
    hope this helps a little...tiny

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    We have looked into it and Da wants to drive from Manchester to London and home again in one day. This bothers me alot. Any ideas how long it taks to drive from Cardiffe to London? Also, any ideas on parking or getting access to the embassy. I can`t go with her because i have too much on at work so any suggestions for cheapish travel ect would be appreacheated ( how do you spell check this thing)

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Paul from Manchester its about two/half hours depending on traffic, from Cardiff its more like three hours again up to the traffic , parking is available in Hyde park opposite the Embassy,
    (appreciated)
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

hi Paul an alternative would be to use a day return national coach ticket to london via LHR. get off the coach at the airport bus station walk 5 mins to the underground and get a day return travel card and go to (i think ) gloucester road and walk the 10 mins to the embassy.
    i often travel to newport and it takes about 2 hrs and to drive from my home to london central is about 1 hr (traffic)or 13 miles.good luck which ever way you go

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

opps forgot to mention the journey time on the tube is about 45 mins and departs the central station every 5 mins

Post Thanks / Like

appreciated)
    I can`t beleive my spelling sometimes. I should have paid more attention at school.
    Thanks guys
    Cheapest train fare is £86 or £19.50 on the National express, i don`t need to think long and hard about that one! the car is a definate no no, i can imagine the phone call. tears and frustration. We went to the kings birthday bash at the temple in wimbledon, so i think Da will remember the tube system. Just like the sky train but 100 years old
    The national express arrives at 6 am and the embassy opens at 9.30. Any suggestions on what Da could do for the 2.5 hours of free time avilable?

Thanks Paul

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are worried about her travelling to London by herself you could always extend or renew her passport in Thailand in July when you have the holiday planned.

I have made checks with the service air crew at Manchester Airport who informs me that even if a passport has expires you are still able to fly back to your own country.

Hoqwever Im not sure how this would affect your application for citizenship.