Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Just seeing if anyone can recommend any English audiobooks they have found useful (level - for age 7 years old) Where you can listen to the CD and follow the book at the same time....if you know what I mean

Many Thanks
    Sy n Su

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Just seeing if anyone can recommend any English audiobooks they have found useful (level - for age 7 years old) Where you can listen to the CD and follow the book at the same time....if you know what I mean

Many Thanks
    Sy n Su

Post Thanks / Like

What sort of audio book?

Novel? Teaching English?
    I know you say the level is that of a 7 year old, but is it for a child or an adult?
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Post Thanks / Like

My mother has been registered blind for a number of years now.

You will find your local public library has a selection of audiobooks and will assist you if you explain the purpose-I'm guessing learning to read. They have them available for all ages.

Your local authority will have further details,but try here for your local association for the blind. If it's anywhere near as good as Derbyshire's it will be more than sufficient.
    For example they will supply audoi versions of your local papers and it is easy to follow along with them-just ensure the reader doesn't have too pronounced a local accent.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry wasnt too clear there.....

It's for Su who is an adult, but her reading / listening age level is approx 7 years old (according to her English teacher.)

So, either really dosent matter, at the minute we are just going through some childrens short story books.... so maybe something like this would be good. (It's just for when I'm not around to help her she wants to try on her own)

Thats a good idea about the newspapers, her tutor did suggest to her to try and have a look at a newspaper the other week... so will give it a try.

Thank you
    Sy n Su

Post Thanks / Like

There are some interactive reading PC programs for children e.g Reader Rabbit which are quite good and of course the Rosetta Stone English cds have reading and writing practice but that's not cheap.

I sympathise as Daeng is also trying to learn English which as we are based in France is pretty difficult as she has to learn French at the same time.

ash
    Old enough to remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Sy – how good are you at reading out loud? I'm currently reading along with Cat – and I read the stories out and convert to MP3 which Cat listens to on the bus to work.

That way I can read anything – yesterday's newspaper that she can read along to on the bus etc.

Christopher

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add – try turning on the subtitles on the TV as well, that way Cat can read along to the TV when she wants.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Have put subtitles on......... that seems to be quite good at the mo, good idea that thanks

And have had a look at those links, thanks Ash, see what you mean about the price of Rosetta Stone might have to wait a bit for that one
    Sy n Su

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

try this http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/words/grammar/

I think it quite good for me also free. I guess she got a Thai-English Dictionary so if any word she dont no the meaning she can get it from the Dictionary.

Hope it help

Post Thanks / Like
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.