Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

View Poll Results: Do you own a property in Thailand ?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I'm under 40 years old

2 3.39%
  • Yes, and I'm over 40 years old

24 40.68%
  • No, and I'm under 40 years old

11 18.64%
  • No, and I'm over 40 years old

22 37.29%
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a bit of an issue going on at the minute with the Mrs.... getting bit fed up with this, seems to pop up every now and again!!

She making out everyone but us seems to have their own property out in Los already ??

I’ve told her in about 10 years time we should be able to scarp together enough to buy somewhere, all being well....

I’m only 33 at the mo, earn good money as a sparky but just not enough to pay the mortgage here and build somewhere in Thailand.

Anyone in similar situation?
    Sy n Su

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a bit of an issue going on at the minute with the Mrs.... getting bit fed up with this, seems to pop up every now and again!!

She making out everyone but us seems to have their own property out in Los already ??

I’ve told her in about 10 years time we should be able to scarp together enough to buy somewhere, all being well....

I’m only 33 at the mo, earn good money as a sparky but just not enough to pay the mortgage here and build somewhere in Thailand.

Anyone in similar situation?
    Sy n Su

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

In the same situation (Only 36 myself)
    My missus isnt Interested in building out there now until we semi retire out there.

Took a few conversations until she saw my point of view...

Post Thanks / Like

I answered no over 40, but could have answered yes over 40 as well because we built a house a few years back for her mother which technically belongs to my missus.

A compromise might be to spend the next 20 years looking for some nice land for building
    ash
    Old enough to remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ manfarang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sy, you are very sensible and absolutely right IMO. Unfortunately you are going to be a "cheap charlie" until you invest in Thailand.

You should ask the misses why the hurry for the property, as you aren't going to be living in it for a long time. She maybe has plans on the parents living in it to "look after it". Maybe a compromise would be to set aside some cash to improve the current family home.
    aka Spud / aka MF

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

can't see any point in buying/building now if you ain't ready to move out and live there........... unless it's a case of keeping up with the jones syndrome

Post Thanks / Like

I voted 'no and over 40' should be 'no and under 40' must be getting old ;-)

Serial Poster ผู้โพสต์ต่อเนื่อง colin244's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I answered yes over 40 and the Daughter lives in it as in Phitsanulok City and near her school (in the wife's name though)

Some of the wife's Thai Pals here have the same stigma as you but I agree if no reason to buy yet wait (we had a reason as the Family House is nearly 2 hours drive each way)
    Good Luck
    colin 244
    I am not a number, I am a free man

Post Thanks / Like

I voted yes and over 40 but when I bought our condo in Jomtien I was under 40.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats made me feel bit better anyway, thankyou, seems like it's not just me .........

Definately a good few points there

Think what it is... is a slight case of:

keeping up with the jones syndrome
    Thing is we have spent a good couple of grand doing her folks place up over last few years, went back this Xmas and I hardly recognised the place.... even had our own bedroom this time, and bed

Never seems enough though..... we'll just keep saving and hopefully in 10 years or so would be nice to have a place out there for our hols. Quite fancy working hard all year a having a couple of months off at Xmas.

Thanks again
    Sy n Su

Post Thanks / Like

Voted NO and under forty..

My wife, her brother built a house between them .. I decided that i didn't see the logic of building a retirement home when Only 34!!!!! There old house is perfect for a four week holiday I just paid for the windows upstairs to be Netted and the air con installed .

having said that I have invested i some land in our village to do just that should the time be right.. With a young family My priority is on supporting them....

I think you are right sort out here first.....

Post Thanks / Like

everyone has their own reasons me i can'tjustify buying a property to use for 4 weeks a year, i would imagine the first week of our holiday cleaning it and 48 weeks of the year worrying over it's security, nah i'm quite happy giving MIL 150.00 quid each year (for food extra electic etc) and we get our own a/c room
    when i retire then it's time for property purchase

Stourport on Severn + Suan Gluay, BanPong + Saphan Sung, BKK
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted yes and over 40 (now 58). We have a large house in a select suburb of BKK and a two bed bungalow in Ban Pong in Ratchetaburi and an apartment (single room with wet room separate) in BKK. We rent them all out. In the future we will be buying in Ban Pong some more properties which have large houses with small tenant homes within the court yards.The idea (My wife's idea) is to live there when I retire and live off the rents and my pensions. My wife owned the large BKK house and apartment before we met.