Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Ambassador's Wife
    Jake Needham

A maid checking what she thinks is an empty suite at the Singapore Marriott finds the body of a dead woman obscenely posed on the bed. The woman is probably a Caucasian, but it is impossible to be certain since her face has been beaten into an unrecognizable pulp. Not a great many women are found beaten to death in five-star hotels in Singapore, at least not Caucasian women and certainly not under circumstances so macabre. More ...

Jake Needham's books are available at most major English-language booksellers in Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Thailand, and Hong Kong. They are also available on a more limited basis in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, the Philippines, and China. More ...

• Click the above link/image for details of this book.
    • Reply to this topic to add your review.
    • Use the Rate Thread link above to submit your rating of this book.
    • Click here to search other titles by Jake Needham.

Post Thanks / Like

Update 25th April 2012. This book is currently FREE as a kindle download from amazon. No idea why but its FREE . I just downloaded it.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed the book and I see that Jake Needham has a blog/website which includes his musings by way of "letters from Asia".

Subscribing to these letters is free.

Richard
    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Readers,

Here's a heads-up for those of you who have been loyally reading my Letters from Asia from week to week and wondering when you would finally have something to show for it...

This week, from April 8 through April 12 only, both Amazon US and Amazon UK are offering you a copy of the full Kindle edition of THE AMBASSADOR'S WIFE absolutely free. That's right. A complete Kindle copy of THE AMBASSADOR'S WIFE for nothing. Not a dime. Nada.

Now a free novel from anybody is a pretty good deal anytime, but I hope you don't think it's too immodest of me to suggest that with 57 reviews and a 4.5 star rating on Amazon US a free copy of THE AMBASSADOR'S WIFE is a really good deal.

"THE AMBASSADOR'S WIFE is another terrific book from a terrific writer. In the genre of crime fiction set in Asia, Jake Needham is in a class of his own."-- THE BANGKOK POST

Here's the pitch for THE AMBASSADOR'S WIFE that appears on Amazon....

The first body is in Singapore, on a bed in an empty suite in the Marriott Hotel. The second in Bangkok, in a seedy apartment close to the American embassy. Both women. Both Americans. Both beaten viciously and shot in the head. Both stripped naked and lewdly displayed.

The FBI says it's terrorism, but the whispers on the street are that a serial killer is stalking American women across Asia.

Inspector Samuel Tay of Singapore CID is something of a reluctant policeman. He's a little overweight, a little lonely, a little cranky, and he smokes way too much. Thinking back, he can't even remember why he became a police detective in the first place. He talks about quitting all the time, but he hasn't. Because the thing is, he's very, very good at what he does.

When bodies of American women start turning up, Singapore CID calls in Inspector Tay. It's a high profile case, and he's the best they have.

Then why is it, Tay soon begins to wonder, that nobody seems to want him to find the women's killer? Not the FBI, not the American ambassador, not even his bosses at CID.

When international politics take over a murder case, the truth is the next victim.

And so, class, please allow me to summarize....

1. The complete Kindle edition of THE AMBASSADOR'S WIFE is being offeredABSOLUTELY FREE by Amazon from April 8 through April 12

2. Go HERE to score your very own copy

3. If you've already read THE AMBASSADOR'S WIFE, you can go to the same place and send a free copy as a gift for someone who hasn't read it

4. Or you could forward this email to a few folks and suggest they download their own copy from Amazon

Either way, I'll bet they thank you later...

Stay cool.
    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Richard, I have obtained my free copy and will look forward to reading on my hols in May
    Champions 20|13

Post Thanks / Like

I went to download it too but discovered that I had already acquired it last year when it was offered free! Must get round to reading it, I like Jake's stuff.
    Gordie T Geordie