Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, well as above really! We would like our sister in law to visit us here in the u.k. H as anybody any recent experiences/advice they may be able to offer us please?
    Had a quick look, as to whats involved, etc but would appreciate anybodys experiences in getting a visitors visa. Thanks in advance!

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, well as above really! We would like our sister in law to visit us here in the u.k. H as anybody any recent experiences/advice they may be able to offer us please?
    Had a quick look, as to whats involved, etc but would appreciate anybodys experiences in getting a visitors visa. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

There are lots of threads on visit visas, spend a bit of time reading through them and you should get all the info you require. Search on "visit visa"
    Mark
    ควาย

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Daney, visit visa for sister in law should be easy, you just need to supply 6 months wage slips and bank statements, a copy of your passport and a covering letter saying that you are going to pay for everything and that your house is large enough to accomadate her, reason for visit etc.
    Its a lot easier than getting a normal visit visa because its a class c family visit visa(make sure you tick the box on the form) and costs around £75 and you also have the right to appeal if it is refused.
    My sister in law is currently here on her second one, first time we asked for 1-2 months and she got the full six (stayed three) this time we asked for five months and after a 2 minute call from the embassy she got this one as well.
    So there you have it, get the form downloaded from the embassy website fill it in for her, get the small amount of required evidence together, write the letter,send it all to Thailand. Hope this helps any more questions feel free to ask.

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much for that Kanjana! Hopefully it should all go through O.K. then. First have to get the sister in law to get herself a passport!
    The only "slight" problem I can foresee, is we have a 2 bed-room house? (but she would be in with our daughters room in bunk-beds-so surely that shouldnt be a problem?).
    How long did it take for you to get your sister-in-laws visa please? (I mean from the time you sent off he letter?),also I presume they issue the visa straightaway?, so if they do, does it have to be used straightaway? or is there a timeframe of a few months? Thanks again for the reply and sorry for more questions!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Rich & Orasa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Friends of ours recently had a sister in law's visitors visa refused because:
    a. They had no proof of contact
    b. They had no photos showing the sister in law and the sponsors together
    c. Sister in law couldn't remember either of her niece's birthdays
    d. Sister in law couldn't remember either of her niece's full names (as opposed to their nick-names).

My advice would therefore be for you not to take anything for granted. Treat as seriously as any other v.v application and don't skimp on the evidence gathering exercise.

Good luck

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheeers Mark W, I would have done a search..........but! couldnt find a "search facility!", Eventually found it under find though!.The reason I posted was to get any "recent" experiences with visitor visas, as things change all the time re. getting visas, (eg. my wife got her visa and citizenship years ago, so I would have absolutely no idea on advising anybody now, as everything has changed so much!).
    Also as an aside, is there anyway to get the search/find results in time order? (I mean last post posted first!?) as when I did the search they came up "all over the place!" lol! cheers guys!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Daney -

Click on 'find' and below that there's an "ADVANCED SEARCH" button which takes you to full search page where you can search by multiple terms, between certain dates and show results by date order!

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks Rich and Chris!

Member สมาชิก
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Daney, I've just asked sister in law about the evidence we provided her with when she applied for her visa two years ago and she reminded me that we did send some pictures of us all together from previous holidays plus some phone bills with a cheap Thai mobile access number highlighted to show that the sisters kept in touch. As for how long it took, the first time she applied at the embassy and it was done and dusted the same day. When she applied two weeks ago at the VFS she got a phone call from the embassy the following day to ask her a couple of questions and they said she should enquire a week later about the result but when I checked online at the VFS the following day it said passport was back from the embassy and ready for picking up.
    Rich, I would be interested to know how long a visit your friends applied for, the reason I ask is because the first time we asked for 1-2 months and didn't have any problems but the second time we asked for five months and the first questions they asked her were "are you pregnant?" and "is your sister pregnant?" followed by "why do you want to stay so long?