I thought I would share this with everyone as there are some interesting plus/minus points and some changes in procedure for a Belgian Schengen.
1) Is the only Schengen state that I found where you can apply by post from ANYWHERE outside of the M25 (Austria recently stopped).
2) The agency (embassy have now outsourced to an agency) have an online tracking system for you to trace the progress.
3) Visa is "gratis".
4) Agency email reply is pretty good.
1) Visa is "gratis" but there is an admin fee of £22 plus postage in each direction.
2) The agency put nothing on the website for about a week when they send the details to the embassy. So you worry about whether they have it etc and it is difficult to get through on the phone.
3) The agency mention a 2 day turnaround. The fact is that this is a 2 day turn around from when they forward to the embassy. They had had our application over a week prior to this.
4) We are going for a long weekend and we got a single entry visa for precisely this period. We had hoped for longer to enable a Paris weekend too but we won't be doing that now.