Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Neil & Mook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TAK: -- Temperatures yesterday soared to 44 degrees Celsius in Tak province, making it the hottest day in Thailand in 47 years.

Meteorological Department statistics indicate the highest temperature ever recorded in Thailand was 44.5C, in Uttaradit province on April 27, 1960. That was followed the very next day by 43.9C recorded in Udon Thani province. Tak saw 43.7C in 1983 and 43.5C in 2004.

Tak Weather Bureau chief Somsong Duanmai said the mercury had regularly gone past 40C in the northern province since the start of this month. He said people now tried to avoid going outdoors, except when they cooled down in rivers.

Source: The Nation 26-4-2007

Premium Member
    Post Thanks / Like

funnily enough i spoke to my wife who's in Chonburi at the moment (waiting for her interview with the embassy - May 14th is d-day)and she told me that all the locals are saying it is hotter now than they can ever remember. infact it was so hot a couple of nights ago that she checked into an air conditioned hotel for the night.

Serial Poster ผู้โพสต์ต่อเนื่อง colin244's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

infact it was so hot a couple of nights ago that she checked into an air conditioned hotel for the night.
    Wise lady

When in LOS recently it hit 42 in Phitsanulok and despite wearing a hat I got sun stroke and had to spend 6 hours non stop in an a/c room at full whack (actually our house which on reflection was the best £500 I have ever spent in LOS) although the wife didn't agree and kept going outside to "heat up"
    colin 244
    I am not a number, I am a free man

Old Hand มือเก่า
    Post Thanks / Like

April is shaping up to the the warmest ever recorded in the UK - see April weather set to break record. Maybe this this summer will be a another scorcher like last July.

If global warming kicks in big time then things could be a little too hot in Thailand.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. - Anais Nin

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ Bryn&Mot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmm , I remember in Phetchabun city about 5 years ago, the big electronic type notice board read 47degrees, and the thermometer reading I took at our house last week read 48 degrees in the sun, and 40 in the shade.
    What am I doing wrong?
    I'm there
    Bryn