Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ Harvey at home's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Skype unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles just cancelled by Skype

Without any prior notification, just like that!

Unless they re-instate it I will not be taking them up on any future offers. Having said that I suppose we had been waiting for it to happen so If you wish to contact us you can check if we are on-line by looking for our contact name being illuminated in green on your contact list and then use the normal Skype service which will connect to our mobile phones which are open 24 hours 7days a week on the Skype service, this will not cost you anything

Regards Harvey & Wan

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Harv,

we have that Skype country code for thailand too, £3.30 per month and still seems to be working, how did they cancel it? did you get an email?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Scally

I emailed them and asked why my subscription to unlimited calls to Thailand had been cancelled , they said that it was due to a glitch in their payments system.

I asked how I could make a payment and continue .

They said make a manual payment
    I could not find a way of making a manual payment and I am waiting for a further response from them.

I don't think it will be happening some how!

Will keep you up to speed with what happens but I have little faith in them coming back with a positive response.

Harvey
    Last edited by Tobias; 23rd Jul 2010 at 17:01. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks, I have a rolling direct debit with them so I hope it continues! Will check the status when I get back home tonight

Post Thanks / Like

So did I!!!!!!!!

It is Bovine excrement isnt it!

Just another way of tipping people off the original contact into the more expensive one

I wont be biting though I have just renewed my contract with 18184 but even they seem to be involved in a bit of sharp[ practice, they advertise at 1p and when you check another of their bits of blurb it turns out to be 1.5 ppm

Why cant anything be straight forward these days.....Not a question.
    Last edited by Tobias; 23rd Jul 2010 at 17:26. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post.

Post Thanks / Like

Harvey, have you had a look at LocalPhone (see this thread) they only charge 0.7p/minute.
    I have set Nok up and she now has a local Brum number to call home, this is free on my mobile package and a local call when using the home landline.
    Champions 20|13

Premium Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Harvey, my dear chap, you told me Skype was excellent not Bovine Excrement, what's going on, i was just about to sign up !!

Post Thanks / Like

Harv,

My thailand country subscription is still showing as active on my account so fingers crossed it stays that way!

Post Thanks / Like

I realise that this is a longish post but if you read it all it tells a sad story.
    Start reading at the end of the post.

"To

Tünde Judit, Skype Customer Service

your reply just make you into liars then does it not?

Your first reply states that you did not take my subscription to the unlimited calls to Thailand because of a glitch in your system now you state that you are not offering this subscription any more.
    So I lose my subscription because you have a problem collecting my payment.
    That is both unfair and totally unethical!

For your information and because I think that your actions in this matter have been totally misleading and disingenuous I intend to place all the correspondence between us on at least four Forums where you have many customers.

If they feel like I do with regard to your actions then hopefully it will cost you where it hurts most, in the pocket.

You obviously are not concerned either about your customers or your company's reputation!!

from one very unhappy customer

Harvey Ingham

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 08:48:02 +0100

Hello Harvey,

Thank you for writing back.

We understand your concer regarding your subscription.

Unfortunately we no longer offer the Unlimited Thailand subscription you can sign up only for limited packages for this country.

You can check all our subscripions here: https://buy.skype.com/paymonthly/

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Tünde Judit, Skype Customer Service

--- Original Message ---
    Received: 7/23/10 5:35:41 PM CEST
    To: <en_support@skype.net>
    Subject: RE: P008: Cancellation of my account but not by me

Hello Zsofia Sz.

I have looked at my Skype account and cannot find a way to make a Manual payment.

Could you please advise?

Thanks

Regards Harvey

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:31:51 +0100

Hello Harvey,

Thank you for contacting Skype Customer Service.
    We understand your concern regarding recurring payment.

There have been a technical glitch in our system regarding the payments, therefore your recurring payment could not get delivered.

Please try to make an manual purchase for the Thailand Unlimited min 1 month subscription again.

We apologize for the inconveniences.

Should you need more assistance, feel free to contact us again.
    Best regards,

Zsofia Sz.

Skype Support Team

--- Original Message ---
    Received: 7/23/10 1:43:55 PM CEST
    To: en_support@skype.net
    Subject: P008: Cancellation of my account but not by me

Name: Harvey Ingham
    Skype Name: n210mp
    E-mail: PRIVATE@hotmail.co.uk
    Topic: Skype Products (Skype for SIP, Subscriptions, Online number, SMS, Voicemail, etc.)
    Subtopic: Subscriptions (Unlimited Country, Unlimited Europe, Unlimited Region, Unlimited World)
    Subject: Cancellation of my account but not by me
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello
    Could you tell me why you have cancelled my unlimited calls to Thailand ?

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Skype Version: null n/a
    Language: en
    Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.375.99 Safari/533.4
    IP address: 80.7.254.193
    Orders:

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------
    <<#PRIVATE#>>

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! -----"

I think that their answer says it all

Harvey
    Last edited by Tobias; 24th Jul 2010 at 10:28. Reason: Removed personal data (email and account details) and corrected BBCode

Premium Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What a fiasco Harv, you are right, they are Bovine Excrement !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brick wall

Harvey recently complained about his Hotmail account being hijacked. Within a few days of that he displays his email address not once but FIVE times on a publicly visible section of the forums, just to be sure every spambot in the world can pick it up and play with it.

Head -> Bang -> Brick Wall

Thanks Tobias for removing them.

Seriously though, NEVER include your email address in ANY forum post and only ever exchange email addresses on the forums via Private Message.

Other areas of the forums, marked 'Members Only', are more secure but it is best practice not to assume they'll stay that way forever.

Regards
    Last edited by maokaang; 24th Jul 2010 at 11:07. Reason: typo
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Post Thanks / Like

Its a good job that the MODS are up to speed on protecting the innocent, I am extremely grateful for your quick intervention Tobias and and apologise for your head ache Paul. For future reference when I am posting please avoid any brick walls in the vicinity

Post Thanks / Like

On the not caring about customers theme I ordered a Bamix from Ideal world shopping channel. They shipped the first order but it was returned to them before I even saw it. I asked why and they said damaged in transit so I ordered it again as they already processed a refund albeit they had not sent back the postage. They then refuned the postage and I reordered the Bamix. After 12 days no sign of it so I called them today to be informed we do not deliver to france Sir. This despite the web site having postage charge for France and them having allowed me to order and taken the money from my card on 2 occasions even when it was clearly an order for France..

I then asked the idiot in India for the HQ number in the UK to be told 'Oh we do not have that information' When I called him a lyîng (language filter does not allow this part) I spoke to his manager who also is a lying.

Any way I got the email and phone number now and sent a stroppy mail to the managing director and will also send a complaint about the web site to trading standards if I can work out which one.

On the Skype issue our unlimited Thai sub is due for renewal in OCtober so I guess that will be the end of it.
    ash
    Old enough to remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Harvey try using this one to phone thailand http://www.voipdiscount.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that Sean I have gone back to 18185 but will have a look at Voip discount although I seem to remember Tobias having some problems with them in the past

Yes Ash these companies seem to lack any integrity at all, I wonder if their management know about what goes on some times

Harvey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey at home View Post
    ... will have a look at Voip discount although I seem to remember Tobias having some problems with them in the past ...
    I did indeed ... and if you think you had problems with Skype customer services - well, at least you could contact them! They do not appear to have any customer service at voipdiscount - no contact numbers, no email address, no street address!
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Post Thanks / Like

And who is M'luds recommendation now?

Assuming of course you have dispensed with Skype's services.
    Champions 20|13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Localphone - generally a better quality service although not as cheap as voipdiscount.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Post Thanks / Like

Received this earlier;

"Hello Harvey,

Thank you for your reply.

We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed by our new Unlimited Subscription.

We have looked through your issue again and truly understand your concern about our new Subscriptions and really feel sorry that you have had such bad experiences.

Unfortunately we are no longer able to provide you the Unlimited Thailand Subscription, we can only offer limited subscriptions to that country.

Please accept this voucher with our deepest apologies.

Voucher details Removed By me Harv

You can redeem the voucher here:
    https://secure.skype.com/store/voucher/redeem

We can provide only limited subscriptions to that area (60 or 120 minutes per month). However you can decide to purchase a 120 + a 60 minutes subscription, they will be added to 180 minutes permonth. In case you choose this solution please be aware that you must purchase 120 + 60 in order to receive the added up minutes, because if you select 120 + 120 (or 60 + 60), then the minuteswill not be added together but simply you paid for two months service (the first 120 minutes will be provided to you this month, but the second only in the following month).

You can do it here:
    http://www.skype.com/go/subscriptions/

We are working hard to make the whole world unlimitedly available for you. As soon as we can include more destinations and more minutes, we will add these to our list of countries.

For now, we suggest you to purchase Skype Credits for calls after the minutes were used up, and call your preferred country at our great SkypeOut rates:
    http://www.skype.com/prices/callrates/

Again, we truly sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Please let us know if you have concerns or questions, we will be glad to assist you further.

Best regards, Angie

Skype Customer Support "

Post Thanks / Like

So reading that it would appear that everyone on calls to LOS will receive (when subscription renewal is due) the same sort of treatment as you then Harv!
    Champions 20|13