Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Would like personally to fly from Bristol but the costs are on average £250 more than hopping along the M4 for hour and a half. Just done dates for when am on a quick trip in June. I can do Oman for £388 from Heathrow or best from Bristol with "normal connections" comes in with KLM at £663
    One of my lads drops me off and picks me up about 12 gallon fuel all up. (4 legs)

No brainer but would prefer Bristol given the choice

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

a old thread ,The roads in the uk are terrible now congested matrix systems everywhere and a complete carpark at certain parts of the day ,i live 20 mins from manchester airport ,ie no road works 70 mph and clear but from 6.45 am forget it more like 90 mins plus ,one of the main things ive noticed over the years is the size of my luggage vastly reduced now ,hit big c 2 pairs of shorts, 5 tea shirts,also a pair of flip flops im kitted out ,also the airport link is up and running now at swampy with the less luggage i find it great apart from the walk up /down the platforms after you get the skytrain the heat and after 16+ hours of travel you do just want a shower and to chill .So airport link v taxi i think airport link just shades it if your hotel in Bkk is close to a station ,you havent much luggage ,and your able bodied ,other wise taxi

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    I can do Oman for £388 from Heathrow or best from Bristol with "normal connections" comes in with KLM at £663
    That drives me nuts - Leeds Bradford is 30 minutes for me, Manchester is 1.5 hours on a very good day 2.5 otherwise. Comparing KLM flights its always around £70 - 100 more from Leeds to BKK via Schiphol than it is from Manchester to BKK via Schiphol yet Leeds is nearer to Schiphol. Could be airport charges but I can't see Leeds charging more than Manchester. + I have friends and relations near Leeds/Bradford so I don't have to pay parking fees.

Blog Entries

It’s competition Flip, or a lack of it at LBA.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It’s competition Flip, or a lack of it at LBA.
    Hmmmm but they do have competition. The first leg is LBA - AMS and Jet2 also fly to AMS from LBA. Not enough competition??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Hmmmm but they do have competition. The first leg is LBA - AMS and Jet2 also fly to AMS from LBA. Not enough competition??
    That’s competition to AMS, not competition to BKK. Start your journey on Jet2 and you’ll find the fare from AMS to BKK will likely be higher ... and then you have to pay for luggage on Jet2 and run the risk of misconnecting and losing your AMS-BKK ticket.

KLM know there is no competition, they appear to price their LBA fares higher than MAN just enough to encourage you to pay the extra rather than pay to travel/park at MAN.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.