Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Default Suggested Supporting Evidence Folder Headers

Many people choose to place the supporting evidence for a visa application in a folder. The list of headings and index below are what I've used on several visa applications. A few members have asked me to send them the headers so for the benefit of anyone who might find them useful, I've posted them here.

Please remember that the list is not exhaustive and may need to be amended to suit particular circumstances. What it does do is provide a reminder of all the main items that are required for a settlement visa application (and a few that whilst not a firm requirement, may be useful) and list them in a clear way so that an Entry Clearance Officer can locate a particular item easily.

Times have changed since I put the list together so things like a TB test result and the new language test cerificate will need to be added. The list was put together for a settlement visa but with a little amendment, it is equally suitable for a visit visa.

I set this out with a main index then 3 sections. Each section header was its own sub-index so to speak and the individual pages follwed on. So for example:

A page would be given over to Section 1 as below and used as the index for that section. Then a separate sub-section header page for 1a, 1b, 1c and so on with the relevant information after each sub section header....................like chapters in a book.

Anyway, I hope they are of use to those contemplating a visa application in the future.

1. Main Index

Information Supporting a Visa Application for (Applicants Name)

Section 1 Personal Information
    Section 2 Sponsorship Information
    Section 3 Evidence of Relationship

2. Personal Information

Section 1 Personal Information

1a Applicant’s Statement
    1b Education
    1c Employment Details
    1d Personal Documents
    (in our case we included things like a copy of the Tabien Baan, a name change certificate, etc.)

3. Sponsorship Information

Section 2 Sponsorship Information

2a Sponsor’s Statement
    2b Sponsor’s Personal Information
    2c Sponsor’s Accommodation Details
    2d Sponsor’s Financial Information
    2e Sponsor’s Divorce Documents

4. Evidence of Relationship

Section 3 Evidence of Relationship

3a List of Visits to Applicant
    3b Sponsor’s Passport Pages
    3c Photographic Evidence
    3d Evidence of Shared Flights
    3e Evidence of Contact by Telephone
    3f Marriage Certificate & Registration Documents
    Last edited by Vinny; 30th Dec 2014 at 12:39. Reason: Links added to 1 and 2d

Member สมาชิก

Very helpful... thank you.

yes that's pretty much how I do it but I don't section it and I always give the ECO an Index of what is where.
    The reason I don't put it in seperate sections is because the VFS have to dismantle your application and put the evidence into the appropriate folders before sending the pack to the Embassy. If you are going to section it keep the telephone bill and financial evidence seperate and label it and if you can write it in Thai as well as English so the useless berk behind the VFS desk can see easily which are your phone bills and bank statements etc
    Last edited by Tobias; 3rd Jan 2011 at 12:40. Reason: Link removed - contains inappropriate content for Thailand-UK
    Rich+Waan+Moot

I had a conversation with an ECO last year and was told that VFS had only been instructed to dismantle large ring binder type folders - if all the correct information was included and clearly listed in a smaller type folder, they were to leave it intact. If that is still correct it sounds as if VFS are up to their usual tricks of getting it wrong.

If they are pulling folders apart, that might go some way towards explaining why some people have been told they haven't provided xxx information when in fact they have - its was probably jumbled up by VFS!

Member สมาชิก

For anyone out there wondering if they should use the above headers i'd just like to let people know that my GF used it for her recent VV application which was approved.

As for the size/type of the folder she used one of these and it was not taken apart by VFS...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    If they are pulling folders apart, that might go some way towards explaining why some people have been told they haven't provided xxx information when in fact they have - its was probably jumbled up by VFS!
    That is exactly what is happening - I have had it happen to me and I have spoken to a couple of other sponsors who ran into the same problem. Luckily for me my covering letter and index made everything findable. But what irks me is that the embassy know this is happening so why aren't they fixing it?
    Rich+Waan+Moot

I've been involved with Thailand long enough that I can imagine what is happening.............its just Thainess.

I have a certain (rare) amount of sympathy for the embassy on this matter - it probably goes something like this.

Embassy - Some of these application folders are getting ridiculous. If you get any huge ring binders, take them apart and put the supporting evidence in order according to its subject. However, if you get any smaller size folders where everything is indexed and laid out so we can easily find everything - that's fine, you can leave them intact.

VFS Manager - Yes Sir, I'll attend to that right away and make sure my staff understand (large smile that really means "I don't know what you mean - my English isn't that good but I'm not losing face by asking again")

VFS Manager - The embassy want us to take all the big folders apart and put all the evidence in order like ABC - ok?

VFS Supervisor - Take all the big folders apart, just put all the papers on top of each other - now, who's turn is it to get the Som Tam?

VFS Staff 1 - What did she say?

VFS Staff 2 - She wants to know who's going for the Som Tam and I think she said we have to take all the papers out of the folders from now on.

Blog Entries

VFS Staff 3 - "Oh my Buddha! The somtam lady has run out of plastic bags! Do we have anything she can use instead?".

LOL Flip - that's the best laugh I've had in a while
    Rich+Waan+Moot

Just like to point out that a few years have passed since wrote this post. The basic format should still be helpful but please take into account that some things have changed since it was first posted.

Member สมาชิก

Any photos of what the folder should look like?

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Just ordered A4 presentation folder 40 pockets inside.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by delcbr View Post
    Any photos of what the folder should look like?

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Just ordered A4 presentation folder 40 pockets inside.
    Have an index in the front..number the pages...so they don't have to search through to find relevant information. .. divide this into sections 1. All about the applicant including sponsor letter 2. All about the sponsor include copies of passport and stamps in and out of Thailand...bank statement, communication proof etc. 3. Pictures of the 2 of you together and family if you have dated then all the better..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kenhulme View Post
    so they don't have to search through to find relevant information
    Yes Ken, that's the gist of my original suggestion (which of course may need updating). Make it easy for the ECO to find what he or she is looking for. So it doesn't matter if you choose to use different header names or even do it in a completely different way. The point is to make the information readily accessible