PDA

View Full Version : Thai Translation of UK Landing Card

Neil Richardson
9th Nov 2005, 14:42
I thought this would be of use to some members. I have done my best at translating the English into Thai using a dictonary.

See pic

Neil

Vinny
11th Nov 2005, 18:36
Thank you.

You can consider putting this in the Photo Albums/documents section too. But I think that the file limit size was 80KB

Lee
12th Nov 2005, 02:25
Nice one Neil.

Copy placed in Documents photo section.

I've also taken out the seriel number on the document.

Cheers
Lee

mellowsailor
15th Nov 2005, 04:14
This is very helpful as a guide to anyone unfamiliar with this bit of bureaucracy which is always irritating to travellers everywhere, but perhaps it is also necessary to point out that if it is filled in in Thai script the Immigration Officer will reject it - a kind one might write in the "English" version for you.
And before some bleeding heart rushes to point out the unfairness because we don't have to fill in a landing card in Thai at Don Muang, this is simply because Roman script is common to passports throughout the world - Thai, Chinese, Greek, Russian etc all have the details in "English" as well as their own script.

MF
3rd Jan 2006, 06:51
Hi Neil

Very good effort for a British to translate the landing card. However, please allow me (a Thai) to make it more understandable. There're a few words that we could make them sound more familiar to Thais.

Landing Card = แบบฟอร์ม (บัตร)เพื่อเข้าสู่ประเทศอังกฤษ

นาม = ชื่อ, ชาติ = สัญชาติ, เกิดบริเวณ = สถานที่เกิด, อาซีพ = อาชีพ, เพส = เพศ

Best Regards

MF's Wife

Prenders
29th Jan 2006, 16:26
Great idea Neil,
:thumb: