PDA

View Full Version : Why so few Premium Members????

Doug K
5th May 2011, 09:22
Why so few Premium Members????

To Moderators and ALL users of this site

Can someone tell me how many members T-UK has?

I am sure that it is more than 60 yet there are only 50+ Premium Members!! What I’m trying to say is that I find it astounding that we have so few members who financially contribute to this site.

So this message is to all you out there who use this site for FREE advice: Put your hand in your pocket and contribute to a worthy cause. You come here to get information that can sometimes save you £1000’s and then you ******-off without even leaving a tip. What’s £5 - it won’t even buy 20 cigarettes now! Let’s get our annual charity contribution to £1000+.

I love this site; it has a wealth of very knowledgeable people who offer their advice and time for free. This has to be the best Thailand site available on the net.

Rant over

Doug
( Mod’s – if this post cannot be seen by all users then please put it in a new thread)

maokaang
16th Jun 2011, 14:16
Thanks Doug

Less than 10% of our regularly active members are currently signed up.

It's a mere £10 a year (recently increased from a pitiful £5), all for a good cause.

Click here (http://thailand-uk.com/forums/premium) to sign up for Premium Membership now. :)

Details of our most recent charity donation here.

Gary & Nok
17th Jun 2011, 07:39
Less than 10% of our regularly active members are currently signed up.Less than 10%! That's terrible! :(

Doug K
17th Jun 2011, 11:20
Each to their own, but 10% is pitiful. It is, of course, up to the individual as to what their conscience deems acceptable. But I, for one, will be increasing my subs to the paltry sum of £10 for my occasional use of this font of knowledge.

I am an avid reader but seldom post as my pertinent experience of Thailand is insignificant when compared to others.

There are many experienced and knowledgeable members on here who give good solid advice to others in need, these members should not be expected to subsidise those who are inexperienced or ignorant regarding Thai issues or problems.

I fall into the latter section therefore my conscience dictates that I should pay for the good sound advice that I have had from many members of this site.

So to all you newbies out there, come-on, cough-up! It's a worthy cause and a damned good website.

Doug

handyman
17th Jun 2011, 15:03
I support your post 100% Doug. I'm just wondering if its because a lot of users don't have a paypal account ? Not making excuses for the low up-take ... Is there any other method of payment ?

Linne
17th Jun 2011, 15:06
there is an option for discussing other payment methods

edcorkie
17th Jun 2011, 15:56
"these members should not be expected to subsidise those who are inexperienced or ignorant regarding Thai issues or problems"
How do these members supsidise this site? The premium membership all goes to charity. Many members will already be giving to their own favoured charity and don't need to wear a badge to prove it.

Phetchy
17th Jun 2011, 16:07
There are many experienced and knowledgeable members on here who give good solid advice to others in need, these members should not be expected to subsidise those who are inexperienced or ignorant regarding Thai issues or problems.

I take Dougs meaning of 'subsidise' to be the giving of advice for nothing. Therefore 'subsidising' those who need the information as they are not paying for it. :shrug:

Nealy
17th Jun 2011, 16:11
For those who would like to to become a Premium Member and don't want to subscribe via Paypay, please send A private message to Lee or Paul. ( takes a bit to find if you are not looking for it )

Scally
17th Jun 2011, 16:39
yes I sent the money from my online banking to Lee who provided me his details

Gary & Nok
17th Jun 2011, 18:52
Many members will already be giving to their own favoured charity and don't need to wear a badge to prove it.I also give to a charity of my choice, but also like to give to this one as:

1. It is an excellent site and I have made a lot (maybe better read a few) friends on here (and probably some enemies too :p).

2. £10 is not a great deal to give and it goes to something in the country that i have come to love.

I don't see doing that is "wearing a badge" and "proving I give to charity"

Just MHO ;)

the_link
17th Jun 2011, 20:07
I agree that it is one's prerogative whether they choose to pay, or not, for this excellent service.

Though, for what amounts to 0.027 pence per day subs for an entertaining and educational site, and the proceeds to a worthy charity cause each year, I consider 10 pound a reasonable amount to part with, personally.

edcorkie
17th Jun 2011, 21:06
I thought the advertisements pay for the running of this site? The premium membership is a charity donation is it not?

-Keith-
17th Jun 2011, 21:42
No one is obliged to be a premium member and they shouldn't be made to feel that they should.

Wolfy
17th Jun 2011, 21:44
Absolutely Ed - you are spot on mate. 25% of 1 admission ticket to see your beloved Reds. Not too much to ask really is it, whether you contribute to other charities or not ?

Scally
17th Jun 2011, 21:46
When I think about how much money I spank when I go out on the lash, a tenner really isnt much, but as others have said, each to their own and all that but come on, if you are a regular on here put your hand in your pocket and lets get this charity donation up to a good amount

Doug K
18th Jun 2011, 00:55
Gentlemen

Apologies if I have ruffled anyones feathers over this. It was when I saw Paul's post stating that under 10% of active members have signed up that I inadvertently got on my soap-box and possibly spoke out of turn. But when you look at our charity donation this year, it was what? About £300....WOW!

I am not trying to force anyone to do anything they are not willing to do themselves. As I have said previously it's up to the individual. But c'mon under 10%.

As for giving to charities, yeah, I would like to think that we all do it. I always give to: RNIB, RNLI, British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research, MacMillan, etc, etc, and I always buy a poppy every year too. Is this so I can look good by wearing a badge.......definitely not!!

Petchy - thank you, that was exactly what I was trying to say..............I think;)

Handyman - hadn't thought of that angle - I don't know many people who haven't got a PP account - because it's so easy to get one and is sooo useful.

I am happy now, I've paid my subs and I've caused a debate. If this has made some members consider the free information and advice available on this site is perhaps worth £10pa then great. Maybe soon we can get to 11% premium membership, though 50% would be nice :rolleyes:.

Take care all and have a good weekend.

Doug

handyman
18th Jun 2011, 01:48
Doug

You have no need to apologize for your comments and thoughts. In actual fact I think its good that you have brought this subject up ... And of course we are seeing a healthy debate. No one is arm twisting here ... I think a lot of members were shocked at the amount raised considering the total membership. But everyone who uses this site ... Be it for advice, or to post a concern or to share some information ... We all have a link to Thailand ... And it would be nice to see a healthy total going to a charity. Its not about what you already give or what the site makes on advertising. A lot of members use this site ... It pays to look at the bottom of the page sometimes and see how many members have logged on in the past ..

This post is about encouraging members to become premium members ... Nothing more.

dan&ploy
18th Jun 2011, 03:01
Hi Doug,

I am sure you haven't ruffled any feathers; indeed looking at the photos of some members in Pattaya recently it seems few have feathers to be ruffled.

My own reason for not becoming a Premium member is that I only use, and have only used this site, for banter and repartee. My own visa applications were done long ago and whilst I am happy to offer some help mostly I find I am out of date with rules and regulations. So paying for a bit of banter seems a bit much and if I had to do so, well I would just retreat further into my isolated exitence. This is the only forum I read, I can't take the needless aggression of others, so whilst I fully support this forum and have made a number of mostly virtual friends on here, I could also manage without it.

But in any case, so I believe, advertising pays for the running of the site so the membership fees are only used for a charity contributions. As such, living here, I prefer to do my own thing locally, which we do through my company; the last thing was sponsorship of a stained glass window for our local temple.

This is just a personal thing, and worthy though some places are, I don't like to give to places that have religious connotations, and it seems most do. Each to their own.

ddwjg
18th Jun 2011, 04:17
DougK. With all due respect. I agree with Dan to a great degree. I have sponsored the building of a new temple in the wife's family's village, and am always giving donations locally, be it in dribs and drabs. I have donated personally on many occasions to this years recipient of the T-UK donation, and a very worthy cause it is. I think it is wrong to presume that not being a premium member, is about the payment.

A person becomes a premium member because it allows them to do more on this site. The number of active members is quite small compared to the overall membership, more's the pity.

It might be a good idea to have a donation button on the site, so that people can add to the fund out of their own generosity, rather than limit it to what some consider an insignificant amount.

Dave.

maokaang
18th Jun 2011, 06:22
It might be a good idea to have a donation button on the site, so that people can add to the fund out of their own generosity, rather than limit it to what some consider an insignificant amount.Premium Membership contributions are no longer limited to an insignificant amount. £10 is the minimum but options were added last month to allow people to donate more if the so wished. If someone wants to send a significant, one off amount to charity, they can easily do so themselves direct with the charity. I have no desire to act as middle man or take credit for any such contributions.

There are already enough people mistaken into believing Premium Membership is a donation to the costs of running Thailand-UK. I've even been on the receiving end of snide remarks in the past that it is a fund for my back pocket. Adding a donation button would just amplify those misconceptions. We manage to cover the costs of running the website and forums solely from commissions gained through various affiliate schemes and the occasional sponsorship deal.

Premium Membership does benefit Thailand-UK, but NOT financially. It keeps the number of people able to upload images, photo albums or run up large private mailboxes, to a manageable and affordable amount. If we allowed every member to uploaded 5Mb of attachments, we'd be heading for trouble. As it stands, anything up to a few hundred we can easily manage without having to seek extra funding for the site.

... and, once a year, a charitable cause benefits from every penny we've raised.

:)

dan&ploy
18th Jun 2011, 07:04
I think, Paul, you forgot to mention the upkeep of the Moderator's Gentlemans club lounge and didn't Gordie let slip that you have employed two extra Philippina hostsesses this year. :rolleyes:

maokaang
18th Jun 2011, 07:16
Three. 2531

dan&ploy
18th Jun 2011, 07:33
:lol::lol:

Casey Jones
18th Jun 2011, 10:04
Yes access to this site is easily worth the subscription fee but there are many ways of 'paying' for the service it provides. Giving advice can be worth it's wait in gold to some members & anyone who posts on the forums has probably saved someone somewhere a good few quid by sharing their knowlwdge & experiences with others. Donations come in many forms....& the most important for T-Uk is the advice which is donated...because without it there is no reason for T-UK to exist.

PT
21st Jun 2011, 15:35
At the risk of upsetting the 'premium' members of this forum, I was shocked and frankly, put off by a harshly written thread last week suggesting that more non-premium members should 'pay up'.

We all know that this website has been a tremendously helpful resource for all kinds of Thai/UK matters for so many people over the years, especially those on the path to marriage or citizenship. I myself gleaned helpful information for my first, rather naive, trips to Thailand. However, let's not forget the very same people who have TAKEN advice (whether they have paid or not) have also GIVEN their experience and knowledge to the site - without charge! It works both ways. Operating a bias towards subscribers sounds more like the Murdoch empire than a friendly forum.

I am quite shocked that this forum is choosing to make a publicly noticeable distinction between those who paid and those who haven't. Having something in common makes us all family - adding visible 'conditions' simply makes us feel segregated.

I'm not against payment - in fact, I would be more than happy to make a donation for the goodness of the site, but I shouldn't feel obliged to make one just because premium members are making other contributors feel uncomfortable if they don't! Let's keep this forum family.

Linne
21st Jun 2011, 15:42
i don,t think the forum did although 1 member did voice an opinion not sure that paying up is a division although there are some incentives for those who pay..........but advice is issued at the discretion of those who do ....not sure any percieved status makes any difference. But then again your entitled to your opinions as are others.

Casey Jones
21st Jun 2011, 15:58
I don't think the 'forum' is trying to make any distinction like that at all PT. Nor do I think there is any bias involved from premium members. As you have pointed out....& as has already been pointed out in the thread you are referring to....we ALL donate to the forum in many ways, giving advice being the most obvious one. Debate is healthy & that comes from folk holding different opinions. Nothing harsh in that. :shrug:

krumike
21st Jun 2011, 16:11
I completely respect ALL opinions.

Here's why I chose to pay a bargain price.

Whilst receiving and giving (often valuable) advice is free, the maintenance of this forum is not. That's it. Simples!

Without this forum I wouldn't have the comparatively friendly online space to contribute and gain wisdom.

Edited: I should have added that I realise the money goes to charity. That's even more reason to show my support to the dedicated team that run/maintain this site.

brian99
21st Jun 2011, 16:21
I would pay if it were possible to do so anonymously, which I don't think is the case. Not that i do not trust people who run it, i just take my privacy seriously and would not want my name to be known on an internet site of people I never met.

Casey Jones
21st Jun 2011, 16:27
brian99....Why not p/m Maokaang if you wish to become a premium member & arrange to have your payment posted to him at the T-UK Thai Office? That way you need only ever use your site name.

Wolfy
21st Jun 2011, 16:46
Why has a new thread been started by the o/p on a topic that he/she knows was openly discussed only last week ?

Harvey at home
21st Jun 2011, 17:14
I would pay if it were possible to do so anonymously, which I don't think is the case. Not that i do not trust people who run it, i just take my privacy seriously and would not want my name to be known on an internet site of people I never met.

Its possible to make a contribution direct to the charity chosen by the forum though, isn't it Brian?

ash
21st Jun 2011, 17:15
PT
I don't recall many premium members even commenting on whether people should pay up or not. Just a couple of people asking the question. Its your money, your life and as often said in Thailand 'up to you'.

simples
ash

Brian send lee 10 quid in a plain brown envelope propblem solved

Gary & Nok
21st Jun 2011, 19:07
Hopefully nothing I have said in the other thread (not sure why we had to have another on the same subject) has offended you.

I have an opinion and voiced it, as said by others debate is healthy and you have a choice to be a Premium Member or not. One of the reasons I decided to be is that I can add more photos to posts.

I also wanted to give something to others in the name of a great site, which I am pleased to say I was personally able to do when we donated to the Father Ray Organization.

ddwjg
22nd Jun 2011, 04:07
PT, as others have already commented, why have you started a new thread? Why didn't you tag this onto the thread you refer to in the o/p.

Posted by Krumike :-

Whilst receiving and giving (often valuable) advice is free, the maintenance of this forum is not. That's it. Simples

And, with respect, totally wrong. Maokaang and others have made it quite clear that none of the 'fee' is used for the maintenance of the forum. It is the website, not the forum, that needs to pay for itself.

The forum is often confused, by users, with the website, which is run very successfully.

The forum and its contributers attract visitors to this website, and those visitors, many of whom never join, click on the many links that the website provides. When they do so the advertiser knows that they have linked from T-UK website, and this promotes more business. It could be said that the visitors/guests are of more value to the website, though not the forum itself.

Our posts and the forum attract many of these visitors, and therefore our posts and banter are of more value than any fees. Keep them posts coming.:clap:

Dave.:wai:

handyman
22nd Jun 2011, 04:48
Well put Dave ... I must admit I was not aware of any pressure to get more premium members ... Just the benefits :thumb:

PT
22nd Jun 2011, 10:11
My reason for starting a 'new' thread was simply because I couldn't find the old one!!! (that's such a trivial point to raise).

I still maintain that making a public distinction between those who donate and those who don't is prejudice. Why do people need to wear a t-shirt saying 'don't hassle me... I've paid!'

I think Brian's point about donating anonymously is an extremely good idea!!! I'd like to think people would still donate if they WEREN'T publicly recognised for it. Remember the old story about Bono giving a ten pound note to a homeless guy on the street... but it's funny how he only did that when cameras were around!!! Donating anonymously is the only way to prove your true charitable spirit.

Admin Note: The two threads have since been merged.

ddwjg
22nd Jun 2011, 12:04
Totally agree PT.

Dave.

Phetchy
22nd Jun 2011, 12:05
If it's just the 'Premium Member' addition to someones user name that ia the problem, I'd be quite happy to have it removed for the sake of a quiet life. I'm sure most other PM's couldn't give a toss either. Shall we get the reputation boxes removed as well, just in case that causes any jealousies? :rolleyes:

GTG
22nd Jun 2011, 12:12

Not sure I understand this, Brian? You have already included your name in your Profile (assuming you haven't just made all the info up) which wasn't compulsory by any means. How would making a payment affect your privacy?!?

Doug K
22nd Jun 2011, 12:18
I was green, so whilst scouring the net for info on Thailand I stumbled across T-UK. Without asking any questions of the members I found nearly everything I wanted to know, and more, by just reading all the posts I could.

It is the time-served members of this forum who are the gold-mine of information, they’ve been there, done it, read the book, got the DVD and the t-shirt – soup to nuts information about Thailand. It is to them that all us newbies turn for help and advice.

I take more from this site, in kind, than I could ever repay. Whenever I have posted a question I have always received replies. Whilst I always thank the posters for their good advice, for me, these thanks were simply not enough. This is why I became a Premium Member.

If you are a newbie and happy to trawl this website for free – that’s up to you. But if, like me, you want to do more for this fantastic site where everyone gives their time and information for free and the proceeds go to charity then you know what to do.

Doug

ian1208
22nd Jun 2011, 12:19
Hey, wait a min. I 100% agree with PT and like my reputation thing.

I also agree 100% with Petchy and think we should remove all things including our assumed names.

(that should gain at least 2 reputation points)

Risking what has been posted previously, the forum, the website, the mods or the owners are not trying to gain any financial benefit from anyone.
Its free, nothing, nought, zero.
It has been the ‘premium’ members that have suggested an increase, nobody else.

Donating anonymously is the only way to prove your true charitable spirit

What utter twaddle! Simply donating in whatever way shows your charitable spirit.

ddwjg
22nd Jun 2011, 12:21
I can feel the anger in your post, also.take your point Phil. This whole subject should never have been raised, and the original O/P gave the wrong impression, which I'm sure was unintended by the member who posted it. Absolutely no sense in anger from either side. I think it might be a good idea to drop the subject, but thats up to our fellow members I suppose.

Dave.

krumike
22nd Jun 2011, 17:37
Donating anonymously is the only way to prove your true charitable spirit.Prove to who? :) If its anonymous, no proof is needed.

On the other hand, it would be hard to deny that Bill Gates and other famous donors of charities don't have true charitable spirit. See http://bit.ly/polio_gates

I understand the point you make but I don't think its the ONLY way your true charitable spirit. For example, I believe giving service to others is another way. :wai:

Gary & Nok
22nd Jun 2011, 18:23
Remember the old story about Bono giving a ten pound note to a homeless guy on the street... but it's funny how he only did that when cameras were around!!!If the cameras are not around how does anyone know he does not do it :crazy:

Jack
22nd Jun 2011, 19:12
Absolutely no sense in anger from either side. I think it might be a good idea to drop the subject, but thats up to our fellow members I suppose.
I agree with that. It's a bit silly ;) Surely we're not that short of topics :D
Edit: Isn't it strange? To agree with dropping it I just responded :confused:

Casey Jones
22nd Jun 2011, 20:03
Why does anybody need to 'prove their true charitable spirit' PT? Plus my yearly subscription fee is hardly of an amount to boast about. The title 'Premium Member' indicates somebody has paid for a few 'extras' the site offers....nothing more. As for charity...what someone does or does not give & how they choose to advertise it or not (not in most cases I would imagine) is of nobody's business but that individuals I reckon. I for one do not care if a member is a pm or not...we are all equals on here in my opinion.

Disinfatuation
15th Aug 2011, 21:12
I might be wrong but if the money on this website goes to charity then becoming a premium member is not helping this site in any kind of way, it is helping the charity the site is donating to right ?

So if people don't sign up it will not effect this site in any way...

I would also much rather choose my own charity of something that I feel very strongly about and want to help, I don't know what charity this site donates to but there are things I am already involved in (mainly with animals) that I dedicate my extra cash to.

The way you started this post almost seems like you are insulting anyone who has not upgraded and that also might be the type of attitude that makes people not bother.

ian1208
15th Aug 2011, 21:49
Welcome back Dis, long time no see:o

I don't know what charity this site donates to but...............

Well, if you simply 'Googled' it you would know:bah:

Rest assured its much more important than animals

:argue:

BigRed
16th Aug 2011, 01:07
Hi Doug,

I prefer to do my own thing locally, which we do through my company; the last thing was sponsorship of a stained glass window for our local temple.

This is just a personal thing, and worthy though some places are, I don't like to give to places that have religious connotations, and it seems most do. Each to their own.

:rolleyes:

brian99
16th Aug 2011, 02:09
Not sure I understand this, Brian? You have already included your name in your Profile (assuming you haven't just made all the info up) which wasn't compulsory by any means. How would making a payment affect your privacy?!?

I can't see my last name on my profile, but notice the DOB should have been 1950, not 1960. Cannot see how to correct it,

handyman
16th Aug 2011, 03:14
If you was a woman Brian ... You wouldn't have mentioned that ... :lol:

Harvey at home
16th Aug 2011, 07:27
Now dont be taking this thread off topic young Trevor.................................and BigRed Danyl is well within the scope of acting in a charitable manner when you consider the awe and reverence that most Thai people have for their temple, His or should I say Dan and Ploys gift to the temple may well be more meaningful and thought out than is immediately obvious.

handyman
16th Aug 2011, 07:38
Sorry Harvey .... Must stick to the topic Happy Birthday brian99 ... Hope you don't mind me using your photo Brian ... I know you have some privacy issues ... See what happens with 61 candles ... Or is it 51 .. :lol:

Phetchy
16th Aug 2011, 07:42
...I would also much rather choose my own charity of something that I feel very strongly about and want to help, I don't know what charity this site donates to but there are things I am already involved in (mainly with animals) that I dedicate my extra cash to...............

As opposed to say an orphanage in Thailand perhaps? One which relies on donations to run a worthy institution which may, in the long run, prevent abandoned Thai kids growing up to be .........

Thai woman who are either, bar girls in Pattaya struggling to live a satisfying life, or Thai woman with very little education and hope of achieving anything in their own country.

Still, each to their own I suppose.

maokaang
16th Aug 2011, 07:50
I might be wrong but if the money on this website goes to charity then becoming a premium member is not helping this site in any kind of way, it is helping the charity the site is donating to right ?

So if people don't sign up it will not effect this site in any way...Absolutely right.

I don't know what charity this site donates toThat is chosen each year by Premium Members themselves, we do not make that decision.

----------

I can't see my last name on my profile
Your last name is in your Private Profile. That cannot be viewed by members, only Admin and Moderators.

notice the DOB should have been 1950, not 1960. Cannot see how to correct it,You can't. 1960 is the date you entered when you registered and there's not normally any need to change a date of birth so no facility to do so. I've just corrected it for you.

Happy birthday old man. :)

Regards

maokaang
16th Aug 2011, 08:16
I would also much rather choose my own charity of something that I feel very strongly about and want to help, I don't know what charity this site donates to but there are things I am already involved in (mainly with animals) that I dedicate my extra cash to.Personally, I'd rather contribute a measly £10 to another good cause than waste my time with a lengthy excuse as to why I shouldn't.

handyman
16th Aug 2011, 08:37
Oh I could really get stuck into this thread ... But as I'm on a few points ... I wont. If you read back through all the posts on here its only a small amount of people who have an issue. No one is saying or putting pressure on anybody to sign up. I was one of those who took advantage of the very good advice on here ... For nothing. There are other forums ... But have a look ... They don't hold a candle to this one ... One is great if you want to see readers wife's ... Or worse !!! This forum is clean ... Well run and there is not a single question that you can't get an answer too. As for the premium membership ... Each to there own ... I'm just very happy that the small amount that I pay goes to a worthy Thailand cause.

Linne
16th Aug 2011, 09:29
I was not going to say anything as its been said before but "some" folk on the forum have had a huge amount of advice from competant professional qualified individuals. I wonder what the cash value of their services would be ? If the potential premium member paid his tenner then he could suggest his own favourite charity.

bifftastic
16th Aug 2011, 09:38
Or maybe they already give to charity...

vulcan2
16th Aug 2011, 10:33
I have just made a donation. BTW I have only been a member here for a short time and found it to be much better than the one I joined a few years ago.
Lots of people on the other site just want to have a go at others for spelling or bad English it's not a nice place to be at times. I am so glad it's not like this on this site.
I do hope it remains like it is at the moment. Maybe it will we can all hope

Sib Baht
16th Aug 2011, 13:02
If I am a premium member can I have an avatar of my choice and a link in my signature? (To a non-commercial site/forum).

Gary & Nok
16th Aug 2011, 13:07
You can certainly have an avatar of your choice (within decency) but as for the link I don't believe they are allowed in signatures but I could be wrong (cue a Mod).

Disinfatuation
17th Aug 2011, 09:37
Personally, I'd rather contribute a measly £10 to another good cause than waste my time with a lengthy excuse as to why I shouldn't.

You can call it an excuse, I couldn't care less. I donate £2 a month to one charity, and £5 to another (both animal related) and while you and most on here might think a Thai orphanage needs the money more, I don't. Most people in the world would go for the orphanage so I would like to do something for a charity that is not receiving as much funds as a Cancer, Aids, or Child's charity ect.

Animals are very important to this world and one of my big passions so If I choose to spend my money on that charity, you or anyone else have no right to criticise my choice. I don't have to donate anything to anybody, but I do.

As you previously mentioned as well the whole point of this post was that the OP was slightly upset about the lack of people Donating due to the great knowledge they receive from this forum, but the forum does not benefit one bit from the donations so it would not effect this forum in any way to have no premium members, that is my point but feel free to pick away at my choice of charity, or excuses.

----------

I have just made a donation. BTW I have only been a member here for a short time and found it to be much better than the one I joined a few years ago.
Lots of people on the other site just want to have a go at others for spelling or bad English it's not a nice place to be at times. I am so glad it's not like this on this site.
I do hope it remains like it is at the moment. Maybe it will we can all hope

Welcome Lol =)

handyman
17th Aug 2011, 11:37
Disinfatuation ... Not sure why you have started this thread off again ... If you read the posts then you will realize that no criticism of anybody is on here ... The original question was how many premium members there were on this forum ? Which led to a healthy debate regarding why some people chose to sign up and some who did not. I've not read any post that is in any way putting pressure on anybody to become a premium member. For some reason you feel justified to tell us about your charitable spirit ... And good luck to you. But I'm afraid your raking over old coals. I've never seen a post anywhere on this site asking for people to sign up .... The end (I hope)

ian1208
17th Aug 2011, 11:48
:lol:

I've never seen a post anywhere on this site asking for people to sign up ....

Think Thad just blew that one on another thread.
Some people just like to invent things then voice their opinion without reading or listening. Opinions ar only that; an opinion but actions speak louder, so on so forth and etc.

I think my opinion is relevent and its only my opinion. Faced with a dying child or a mistreated animal I would give my all to save the child.

THEN I WOULD EAT THE ANIMAL.:eek:

ps; Dis, you will always be dismayed with animal rights in asia.

Gavva
17th Aug 2011, 14:18
As the great Eddie Hitler and Richard Richard once said, after punching a charity worker in the face, stealing her collection tin and kicking her down the stairs;

"Charity begins at home!"
"Yep. And that's where it ends in our house..."
"How much did you get?"
"Looks like about 10 quid...ooh, and a bit of a jacket".

Natty
17th Aug 2011, 16:44
I've not read any post that is in any way putting pressure on anybody to become a premium member

You need to read the first post again that you supported 100%.
I did not agree with it as I would not expect anyone to pay in anyway for something that I was already willing to give away for free.

Lee
25th Aug 2011, 17:21
Whatever your opinions on premium memberships, I'm sure you will be pleased to learn that we have raised £250 in the first 4 months of this years memberships.
All monies will be donated to a Thai charity in May next year.
http://thailand-uk.com/forums/premium/

Thank You :thumb:

Gary & Nok
25th Aug 2011, 17:42
:clap::clap: Well done those that are Premium Members :clap::clap:

JohnSwansea
25th Aug 2011, 18:02
I was not going to say anything as its been said before but "some" folk on the forum have had a huge amount of advice from competant professional qualified individuals. I wonder what the cash value of their services would be ? If the potential premium member paid his tenner then he could suggest his own favourite charity.

I haven't become a premium member because of inertia. Although I do give to charities I would probably pay if someone badgered me. :)
However Linne, I think that the advice thing is not a cash equation. People give advice because they want to. Not everyone can afford, or has access to legal services. Also, people who receive advice often give others advice later based on their own experience. I certainly have done that.

Gary & Nok
25th Aug 2011, 19:19
I haven't become a premium member because of inertia. Although I do give to charities I would probably pay if someone badgered me. :) Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger :lol:

Seriously though, that well known Thai saying applies "Up to you"

JohnSwansea
25th Aug 2011, 19:52
Ok ok. I will do it !
But I have one problem. If everyone becomes a premium member it wouldn't be premium any more :D

Gary & Nok
25th Aug 2011, 20:00
:thumb:Long way to go yet though, and then Lee can come up with a Super Premium membership :D

ian1208
25th Aug 2011, 20:30
Super Premium membershipI would be up for that.:clap:

Open only to super premium members who can lock horns on sensitive subjects, debate, argue, console one another.

In fact what about a junior SAGA type of Super Premium membership with a skype function for anyone between 40 and 70 who are in any case the majority who marry/partner Thais in a meaningful relationship.
Not that I'm in this bracket................
:sleep:

Lee
25th Aug 2011, 21:48
: Super Premium membership :D

Now there's a thought!

For £100 per year - Super premium memberships.
* Immunity from moderation.
* Access to moderators lounge.
* Vote with moderators on infractions to be issued to less well off (not super premium) members.
* Unlimited use of massage chair in the mods lounge with male or female attendant up to 30 years younger than self.
* Free drinks (including marked brands & 2 guest ales) for those who can match Tobias drink for drink.
* Access to Thailand-UK uncut section of the forums, including Reader Wives, Bondage Today and The Chilli Fetish Weekly.
* Ability to read other members (not super premium members) private messages.

Any other ideas for Super premium memberships?

KhunIanB-UK
25th Aug 2011, 22:11
"Any other ideas for Super premium memberships?"

It's a good way to spend the Child Benefit ;-)

bristolgeoff
26th Aug 2011, 02:37
i don,t have pay pal.

Gary & Nok
26th Aug 2011, 07:19
Blimey Lee that's a damn site more than I get at the minute down at Slapit and See Massage parlour and I have to pay £50 per visit, sign me up http://www.emoticonsfree.org/wp-content/uploads/party0038.gif (http://www.emoticonsfree.org/page/2)

Wolfy
26th Aug 2011, 07:26
:lol: Presume that's the at the back of Rackham's Gaz ??

:lol::lol: Very witty Lee. I too cannot afford the hundred quid as i'm saving for December. Any chance of the web address for the Magazines, particularly interested in Chilli Fetish Weekly.

Linne
26th Aug 2011, 08:42
Any chance of the web address for the Magazines, particularly interested in Chilli Fetish Weekly.

yes me too

-Keith-
26th Aug 2011, 09:16
particularly interested in Chilli Fetish Weekly.

Here's a peek at whats available :)

Lee
26th Aug 2011, 11:11
I'll tell you what Keith, I must have had a sheltered life.
I went and did a search for pictures about chilli fetish (didn't know there was such a thing) and the results shocked me.
Why would people want to do that with chillies?

Anyway, I've just sent Tar out to tesco for a bag of the birds eye variety..

richardb
26th Aug 2011, 13:46
... and The Chilli Fetish Weekly.

Now there is an idea . This time next year Rodders...................