PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Studio Photo's & Dress Rental

toddmeister
21st Jun 2011, 08:53
Hi all,

Married on the last trip and heading back to LOS in September to do a "small" village ceremony before submitting my wifes settlement application.
We would like to have some studio photo's done in Thai style dress, like the hilarious...erm sorry lovely photo's from other forum members in another current thread.
Could someone please give an idea of cost for a set of photo's, including make-up, clothes rental and whatever else goes with it? My wife seemed to think around 5000baht, does that sound about right?
Also how much would we expect for rental of thai style dress (bride & groom) for the day of our ceremony.
The ceremony will be in my wifes home town of Maha Sarakham in Isan if that helps?

Cheers
Steve

m0ntecarl0
21st Jun 2011, 09:02
Steve,

We did all the above in 2008 in Kalasin.

Paid approx. 6,000 THB for wedding photo's album, couple of large photo's printed and framed, hiring of thai style dress for me, wife and x2 kids. Make up was also included for photo's and on day of the wedding ceremony.

I think you can pay a bit more if you want someone to video it for you and have more photo's..........but as I say we only paid approx. 6,000 THB to cover what we needed.

Regards, Chris

storm1fishing
21st Jun 2011, 09:08
Hi Steve
Have you left out a zero ?
We got married in 2005 and our photo studio bill was about 65000 baht. This included all the hair and makeup and also the costume (suit ) hire for the photo's on the day and also for the suits and dresses for the village ceremony.
I lived in thailand at the time so had plenty of time to shop around and even went to a wedding exibition where many of the photo studio's displayed their services and were competing for business.

If I remember correctly , we spent about 6 or 7 hours at the photo studio .

good luck

toddmeister
21st Jun 2011, 09:10
Ok thanks Chris, 5-6k sounds about right then.

Cheers
Steve

m0ntecarl0
21st Jun 2011, 09:16
Hi Steve
Have you left out a zero ?
We got married in 2005 and our photo studio bill was about 65000 baht.
good luck

Have you added a zero? 65,000 THB..............that can't be right - the maximum I ever saw was around the 20k THB mark and that was top notch service.

handyman
21st Jun 2011, 09:20
Hi Steve

Well I hope you post some photos on the forum once you have them done !!! I can't believe I have shared them .. But its good to share your experiences I suppose !!

Ok we had ours done last October ... We had 2 days with the photographer ... Should have been one, but bad weather for the outside shots !! If I remember right we had 4 costume changes. Ok we paid 15,900 Baht. For that we had an album with 30 photos ... A big photo in a lovely frame ... Its about 4 foot square ... They like that at the ceremony. Obviously the different outfits ... And make up. Then when we got married the next month they supplied the dress and my suit .. Plus all the accessories.. And the make up girl came to our home on the morning of the wedding.

To be honest we had a good look around ... There were dearer and cheaper places ... But the shop we used was a family business ... Huge choice of outfits ... And we were very happy with them. There was nothing to much for them ... Plus they gave us all the photos on a disk once we were married.

Good luck Steve

prioritypress
21st Jun 2011, 09:36
The wife's Thai friend got married to her Thai bf in March.

They paid 30,000 baht for photos and dress/suit hire.

Nick

toddmeister
21st Jun 2011, 09:51
Thanks again guys.

Handyman, the service you had sounds great but maybe a little more than we need. With the visa application fee etc we're on a tight budget so hoping to find something under 10k, something more like Chris's price range of 6k would be ideal as we have to be "kee neow" :D.

It's only going to be a small ceremony for the family on this trip and we will probably do something bigger in the future when the funds have recovered. Thats what we've discussed anyway. Whether it actually turns out like that remains to be seen :lol:

Cheers
Steve

handyman
21st Jun 2011, 10:11
I'm sure you will find a shop for the right price Steve ... Maybe cut back on the outfits and photos ...

We did have one quote for 8,000 Baht ... So I'm sure you can get the price down to suit your budget .. Good luck with it, and let us know how you get on ... Maybe share a photo on here :thumb:

toddmeister
21st Jun 2011, 10:38
No problem, happy to share. I'm prepared to take my share of humiliation for the sake of forum moral :lol:

Steve

storm1fishing
28th Jun 2011, 16:40
20k , probably in the sticks , but in bangkok , unless prices have dropped a lot since 2005 , the starting packages were about 25 to 30 k .
We had ours at a studio in soi 55 Thonglor and it included if I remember about 7 or 8 costume changes , with make up and hairdo's for each one , a framed poster size of the picture of our choice and also a framed half poster size and a full set of normal size prints in a photo album and another album 300mm by 400mm. It also included 2 suits/dresses for the wedding ceremony (1 for the morning wedding and 1 for the reception on the night).

The package cost about 49k but the problem is that that was only for a given amount of pictures , but they take a lot more and then you choose the one's that you want to keep , but we could'nt decide because they all look so good , so we ended up taking a lot more , at an added cost of course.

At the end of the day you could probably get photo's for 5k , but I believe you get what you pay for.

Phetchy
28th Jun 2011, 16:52
Knowing full well what the answer would be, I asked my beloved if she wanted a posh frock and a professional photo job, or we could get her sisters husband to take the snaps, she'd borrow a dress and we could buy an new fridge and cooker. Cold beer and bacon sandwiches won the day.

storm1fishing
28th Jun 2011, 18:53
55555 , I know what you mean Phil ,the first 3 years that I was in los my company was paying for me to live in a fancy condo in bangers , so there was no need to buy anything for the house m8. I'm sure that now that we have the house , things would be quite different as there's lots that we need.:lol:

regards

colin244
28th Jun 2011, 22:53
up
Knowing full well what the answer would be, I asked my beloved if she wanted a posh frock and a professional photo job, or we could get her sisters husband to take the snaps, she'd borrow a dress and we could buy an new fridge and cooker. Cold beer and bacon sandwiches won the day.

Way to go Phil although did not happen to me despite the official marriage in the UK and just the party in the village which had the dress/suit/hair etc but I think the whole province turned up including the Army for the stolen disco truck as posted before.

Sale or return has another meaning in the sticks ;)

colin 244

m0ntecarl0
29th Jun 2011, 06:35
The package cost about 49k but the problem is that that was only for a given amount of pictures , but they take a lot more and then you choose the one's that you want to keep , but we could'nt decide because they all look so good , so we ended up taking a lot more , at an added cost of course.

At the end of the day you could probably get photo's for 5k , but I believe you get what you pay for.

Well we only paid 6k and the service was outstanding - I guess the difference is the people who probably looked after you probably turned up in Rolls Royce or equivalent........:p

storm1fishing
29th Jun 2011, 09:37
Well we only paid 6k and the service was outstanding - I guess the difference is the people who probably looked after you probably turned up in Rolls Royce or equivalent........:p

You must mean a successfull company , yes very successfull , in fact same company used by many thai and foreign dignataries and business people.

I was not going to leave the fate of my wedding pictures up to some or other backyard photographer.
Like I said before , in my opinion , you get what you pay for and it's up to everyone to choose what they want and what they're prepared to pay. At the time there was nothing in bangers for under 25k , and I did look.
As I was living in bangkok I was under no time constraints and spent a few weeks looking around and even went to a wedding show at the queen sirikit convention centre.

regards:p

m0ntecarl0
29th Jun 2011, 09:40
Will be interesting to hear what service and how much Steve decides to pay for his wedding photo's & dress rental.....good luck Steve anyway.

Phetchy
29th Jun 2011, 10:20

....how much Steve decides to pay for his wedding photo's & dress rental.

I'm sure he'll look divine and it'll be worth every Satang.:D

m0ntecarl0
29th Jun 2011, 10:22
:lol::lol::lol:

toddmeister
29th Jun 2011, 10:30
Unfortunately budget will dictate what we can or can't go for. Will let you know how we get on. The wife has called a friend back home and asked her to look around in Sarakham to see whats available and an idea of cost.

Absolutely stunning Phil.....thats all I can say

Steve

storm1fishing
29th Jun 2011, 10:38
:clap::clap::lol: , nice one Phil , and good luck steve , I'm sure you'll find something to suit your budget , after all it is Thailand.:thumb:

colin244
29th Jun 2011, 23:36
Good luck in whatever you decide Steve :nod:

colin 244

toddmeister
30th Jun 2011, 08:12
thanks guys :)

toddmeister
16th Sep 2011, 10:49
Will be interesting to hear what service and how much Steve decides to pay for his wedding photo's & dress rental.....good luck Steve anyway.

Hi just a quick update. We had our studio photos done yesterday. Found a really nice place in Sarakham. At first we decided on a package for 7000thb. However, that price didn't include too much, so when we went back to the studio we decided to blow the budget and ended up paying 13,000thb. That price included hair & make up, two outfit changes (Thai & farang style), CD, one large print and an album of 30 photos. We were at the studio for around 4hrs and most of that time was my wife's hair and make-up but she looked amazing. My make up (yes I had to have some too) took about 2 minutes, but the ladyboy that did it did say I had a "small face" :lol:
Anyway service was great, good selection of dresses and backdrops for the photos (although my wife used her own thai style wedding dress) and we are both very happy with the photos so don't mind paying the extra.
We pick up the album and cd tomorrow so will try and post a few pics

Cheers
Steve

m0ntecarl0
16th Sep 2011, 12:02
good luck Steve - thanks for the updates. Hope all goes well.

Regards, Chris

Wolfy
16th Sep 2011, 18:17
Look forward to seeing your pics:thumb:

colin244
17th Sep 2011, 00:09
Yep have a good one :thumb:

colin 244

toddmeister
26th Sep 2011, 19:43
Look forward to seeing your pics:thumb:

Can't post pics directly until I sort my premium membership (which I will do), but I've added a post to my settlement blog if anyone is interested

http://farangeye.blogspot.com/2011/09/wedding-studio-photos.html

C (http://farangeye.blogspot.com/2011/09/wedding-studio-photos.html)heers
Steve

bifftastic
26th Sep 2011, 20:07
Very nice Steve! Thanks for sharing.

dan&ploy
28th Sep 2011, 00:20
Lovely photos Steve and your wife is beautiful. You should know that there are forum rules about wedding photos - we need to see your shoes. :angel:

bifftastic
28th Sep 2011, 01:34
:lol: yes! The curly-toed slippers mate! Come on 'fess up now ;)

toddmeister
28th Sep 2011, 09:04
Lovely photos Steve and your wife is beautiful. You should know that there are forum rules about wedding photos - we need to see your shoes. :angel:

Thanks Dan. Yeah she looked amazing. A shame I had to be in the pics too really :lol:. As for the shoes, well for the farang style I had my own which I also put on when they gave me the thai style suit. When we went through to the studio the lady made me take them off and gave me some cream slip-on's. No curly toes Biff so I got off lightly, but you'll just have to take my word for it :angel:

Cheers
Steve

colin244
28th Sep 2011, 23:13
Great pics Steve.

colin 244

clairen
30th Oct 2011, 15:15
Hi All

Ive joined the forum today, and am getting married in Thailand in February next year. My partner and I are both British, but we really want to have a thai ceremony. Ive found a few traditional thai wedding dresses on the internet, but I wondered if anyone knows if there is a thai wedding dress shop in the UK? I only have one week in thailand before our wedding and the dress is very important to me. I know there are many tailors over there as I have been a number of times, but Im worries this may not be long enough, particularly as we have a best man, 3 ushers and a bridesmaid to sort out too.....any advice or help really appreicated?

Clairen

bifftastic
30th Oct 2011, 15:22
Hi Clairen,

where will you be staying in Thailand?

I only ask because my suit jacket and my wife's wedding dress were made in about a day and a half for our wedding up in Chiang Rai.

Se had already found the material though, but it is possible to get it done in the time you have.

I do appreciate that you might not want to do that as you will probably want everything sorted out, but it is possible.

clairen
30th Oct 2011, 16:01
Hi bifftastic,

We are getting married in Phuket near Karon beach. I just dont really want any nasty surprises, but I know some of the tailors over there can perform miracles :)

Phetchy
30th Oct 2011, 16:15
I recall a few wedding photos being posted not long ago. I think a few (mine included) may have used this theme (http://www.disneycostumeideas.com/aladdin/disney-aladdins-blue-genie-costume.html) for inspiration? Particularly the shoes.

bifftastic
30th Oct 2011, 16:25
Hi bifftastic,

We are getting married in Phuket near Karon beach. I just dont really want any nasty surprises, but I know some of the tailors over there can perform miracles :)

Ah ok, I know the place :)

To be honest, I didn't find much of the normal 'local' type trades around there really. Pretty much everything was geared up for the tourist trade, unsurprisingly, seeing as it's such a beautiful part of the world :)

We were lucky in that my wife (who is Thai) found the material locally (near our house up in Chiang Rai province) and knew of the dressmaker's shop just up the road.

Seeing as you're in Karon Beach then unless you've got some local contacts, you're probably best sourcing it in the UK before you go.

There are plenty of folks on here with Thai partners in the UK, hopefully they will be able to chip in.

Sorry I've not been much help :(

toddmeister
30th Oct 2011, 17:43
My wife bought her thai style dress "off the shelf" in Phuket. She told me there's a new dress shop which had a large selection up in Patong, but she found hers at another shop over in Phuket Town. I'll have a word and try to get the name and address of the shop. If you do find somewhere in the UK you will pay a lot more than you would for the same dress in Thailand. Plus there's always "movement" on the prices in Thailand. My wife's Thai style dress in the photos on the my blog was 10,000thb (£210) but between her and a friend they got the price down to half that amount. Being farang you will always pay more than a thai but should still be able to get a deal
http://farangeye.blogspot.com/2011/09/wedding-studio-photos.html

S (http://farangeye.blogspot.com/2011/09/wedding-studio-photos.html)teve

sisaket
30th Oct 2011, 17:49
i d think you d beable to hire everything in phuket ...

----------

I recall a few wedding photos being posted not long ago. I think a few (mine included) may have used this theme (http://www.disneycostumeideas.com/aladdin/disney-aladdins-blue-genie-costume.html) for inspiration? Particularly the shoes.

LOL ..... love it

Frogster1953
30th Oct 2011, 18:08
I recall a few wedding photos being posted not long ago.

Could have been some of mine........... ???:confused:

clairen
30th Oct 2011, 20:56
Steve

THey are beautiful photos - the dress is similar to what im after - if you do have the names of either place I'd appreciate it! Thanks
Clairen