PDA

View Full Version : Ikea Bangna

brian99
30th Mar 2012, 06:54
They do a free yellow bus service, not sure where it starts but I have seen them at Nontaburi, certainly from around BTS stations, we got on at Udom Suk. Quite a disappointment though as nothing like the ones in the UK I have been to. It looks more like a B&Q that's closing down, everything we saw was in boxes on shelves with nothing laid out. We might have missed something though as we only stayed 20 mins before getting the next (very slow) bus back. Mrs was looking forward to the food, but all we saw were hot dogs and ice cream. I don't think other shops like Index have much to fear from Ikea in Thailand, seems more expensive as well than Europe.

sumrit
30th Mar 2012, 08:10
Quite a disappointment though as nothing like the ones in the UK I have been to. Everything we saw was in boxes on shelves with nothing laid out. I don't think other shops like Index have much to fear from Ikea in Thailand, seems more expensive as well than Europe.
Strange how people view things differently. My wife and I thought it was very similar to the Ikea store we've been to near Birmingham in the UK. Apart from larger furniture everything is piled up in boxes in Birmingham as well. Agree about pricing though, Ikea Thailand is more expensive than the UK. We'd bought quite a lot of bedroom furniture in the UK before we moved back to Thailand last year (we shipped all our furniture over in a container) and began to wonder whether I'd regret it when we found out the Bangna store was opening, but, at least what we'd bought was more expensive in Thailand. Some of that could be down to the current lousy exchange rate though.

And don't bother with the food, it was lousy:(