PDA

View Full Version : esol success?

alan92
15th Apr 2008, 11:51
hello John!

sorry my mistake Heres the story,today Uraiwan went to her esol class(with citizenship content)A teacher was sent over to the college to assess Uraiwans english.We have been told that we will be sent a letter,confirming that she has progressed up one level and will now be working towards level 2.Is this enough,we wre not told of a completion certificate.
Alan and Uraiwan!

alan92
15th Apr 2008, 11:51
hello John!

sorry my mistake Heres the story,today Uraiwan went to her esol class(with citizenship content)A teacher was sent over to the college to assess Uraiwans english.We have been told that we will be sent a letter,confirming that she has progressed up one level and will now be working towards level 2.Is this enough,we wre not told of a completion certificate.
Alan and Uraiwan!

Saiyon
15th Apr 2008, 12:27
Alan and Uraiwan,

My wife has also been attending ESOL classes at our local college. She took and passed the Cambridge ESOL Entry Level Certificate in ESOL Skills for Life (Speaking and Listening) (Entry 1) and has a certificate to prove it. That on its own is not sufficient to apply for ILR. She also has to have a letter from the college confirming that the course she took included citizenship and just as important that she has progressed by one level from her starting point. In my wife’s case the college letter states that she has progressed from Pre-Entry to Entry 1.

It’s not clear to me if Uraiwan has both. If her college just gives her a letter to say she has progressed by one level that on its own is not enough. I hope this helps.

John
15th Apr 2008, 12:39
Is this enough,we were not told of a completion certificate.

The SET(M) application form talks about a completion certificate, so suspect the answer is no.

will now be working towards level 2

Are you sure, that is quite a high level, or do you mean ESOL Entry 2 level?

alan92
15th Apr 2008, 13:00
HI John
Yes!It was entry level.Thats taken the wind out of our sails a bit!Just have to see if we can get issued with a certifiate in time.
Thanks alan and uraiwan!