PDA

View Full Version : A2 Pass??

rossi
18th Oct 2013, 22:00
Evening all

my wife went for her bulats test today at vantage siam,
something which is confusing me is that she says her paperwork she got at the end says

A1 = Fail
A2 = Pass

now i thought this test was to A1, but she says on her paperwork she got the above.
having a quick read on the net i believe this to be a higher pass than A1, she is happy with the result as am i, but i need to be sure that this is in fact a pass. that will fulfill the spouse visa requirement.

has anyone come across or seen this before?

thanks for any info

Rossi

Tobias
19th Oct 2013, 00:27
Are you able to provide more information about the exam? You've not given much for us to go on?

Posted from an iPhone so what you read may not necessarily be what I typed!

rossi
19th Oct 2013, 00:56
what information do u mean mate? i thought the bulats test was widely known about

its the bulats A1 test for uk spouse visa applications, reading,writing and speaking.

id of thought the result papers would say:-
A1 = Pass
A2 = Pass

Tobias
19th Oct 2013, 01:58
The Bulats examination has several parts to it. What are the results/comments for each part of the examination?

Posted from an iPhone so what you read may not necessarily be what I typed!

toddmeister
19th Oct 2013, 09:45
does the A2 pass cover the speaking and listening elements?

rossi
19th Oct 2013, 11:53
Yep she did all 3 part's. Speaking,reading and writing.
ill ask her for some more details from the results paper.

PhuketPhil
19th Oct 2013, 12:40
Rossi

Have a look at this link maybe it can help

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf

Jimmycabs
20th Oct 2013, 00:55
Hi Rossi,
my girlfriend also went for an English test yesterday, things are definitely different from what I expected , she had a place on the 1.00 pm test, turned up at 10.30 am and was tested right away ? She sent me a photo of a paper she was given at the end of the test " candidate test report" it is as follows.
family name
first name
test English reading and listening
company Vantage siam.
test date
overall band CEF level: A1
overall score 17
listening score 31
reading and language score 9
the scores are given on a standard scale out of 100

i can only assume she has scored 31 in the listening test which is above what is required by the UKBA for the settlement visa, however I will be phoning Vantage Siam on Monday to confirm this I will let you know what I find out as I'm somewhat confused.

rossi
20th Oct 2013, 12:11
my wife emailed me the candidate test report:-

family name
first name
test English reading and listening
company Vantage siam.
test date
overall band CEF level: A2
overall score 23
listening score 31
reading and language score 19
the scores are given on a standard scale out of 100

im curious as to why it only says test = reading and listening

id be grateful if you post back on the outcome of your call to vantage im going working away and wont have much time to try anything.

Jimmycabs
21st Oct 2013, 09:17
Well Rossi, I woke up this morning and looking at my newsfeed on Facebook saw a picture of my girlfriend with 10 other people in the Vantage Siam hall of success , and a quote at the top about UKBA and Settlement visas, it was half English and half Thai, so I guess that answers my question about her passing the test. The photos show them holding certificates, they were not given these and they are obviously going to be posted to them .
With regards to your wife's A2 grade, because she had a higher score than my girlfriend she has got the next grade up the scale, which runs from A1 ( the lowest) to C2 which is the highest , they had a video on their facebook page explaining the grading. I hope this helps, all the best .

rossi
21st Oct 2013, 23:06
ahh cheers for the info mate

alls looking good then :)