PDA

View Full Version : TB Certificate

Chris4Cat
19th Mar 2007, 06:56
Picked Cat up last week at Heathrow and all's well. Marriage in England in the next few months and then the process starts again!

Quick question - she arrived at Heathrow and they looked at her passport, asked her my name (fiance) and then waved her through. Didn't ask for the TB certificate as I was expecting. Do they just accept that the visa wouldn't have been granted without it, and so don't require to see at on arrival?

Not trying to suggest everybody leaves it in Thailand, just wondered if this was the norm?

Christopher

Chris4Cat
19th Mar 2007, 06:56
Picked Cat up last week at Heathrow and all's well. Marriage in England in the next few months and then the process starts again!

Quick question - she arrived at Heathrow and they looked at her passport, asked her my name (fiance) and then waved her through. Didn't ask for the TB certificate as I was expecting. Do they just accept that the visa wouldn't have been granted without it, and so don't require to see at on arrival?

Not trying to suggest everybody leaves it in Thailand, just wondered if this was the norm?

Christopher

SteveD
19th Mar 2007, 07:36
I think that they normally check it. Certainly did for my wife back in Nov.
Steve

packpao
19th Mar 2007, 07:40
Chris,

Mue wasn't asked for her TB cert when she arrived, either.

I think it's down to the IO at the desk. Some are more switched on and know that Thailand is on the list for TB Screening (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1134650059921).

I remember reading a post here a while back where someone was asked to undergo another TB xray at Heathrow even though they had been through the check in Bangkok.

Packpao

Kev62
19th Mar 2007, 08:14
The IO who looked at our passports (T1) told us straight away to go to the little room at the side and when we got inside looked at the cert and said she would arrange an appointment for about 4-6 weeks time to retest.

I think as Packpao has used the term ' switched on ' after the visit to the small room we went to counter 4 and the IO looked tired and stared at our passports in a ' i forget what am i doing kind of look ' she said it was the end of her shift and she was very tired (6:30am) so if you catch them at the end of their shift who knows .

Kev

thongchai
19th Mar 2007, 08:24
we arrived at Gatwick as i was traveling with wife , and at immigration we were sent to airport health centre had certifficate but origanal x ray was in luggage, i would advise anyone traveling for first time to uk to have certifficate and x ray to hand ,

but as Packpao says maybe be down to IO disscression at the desk
ps. we had further xray at airport ,followed by one at our local hospital and all seems ok they say ,and final test begining of April
cheers Andy

colin244
19th Mar 2007, 15:20
Dao carries the TB cert with her passport as apparantly "its special and has picture me" when entering the UK even though its nearing expiry

However first time in at Heathrow she had to produce it but the fuss over her incorrectly filled in landing card may have distracted the IO and we had to enlist another Thai lady on the flight talking to me in arrivals on the mobile to sort the problem
colin 244