PDA

View Full Version : urgent question

andy muay thai
15th Nov 2007, 22:33
sa is here on a settlemnt visa, we fly to BKK on dec 9th, we fly from brum with KLM, stop at AMSTERDAM to change planes,and then 1 hr 10mins later fly with china airlines, we have all the tickets already, i was told you get issued with the boarding cards at brum for both flights. when you land in AMS you stay in the transit area, then get on the next plane, stupid question, but does Sa need a schegen visa for this,change of planes?? we are'nt leaving the airport?? the flight was booked from Airline network, I booked a flight with China airlines to BKK. when tickets arrived, it was via AMS with KLM, and then china airlines to bkk

andy muay thai
15th Nov 2007, 22:33
sa is here on a settlemnt visa, we fly to BKK on dec 9th, we fly from brum with KLM, stop at AMSTERDAM to change planes,and then 1 hr 10mins later fly with china airlines, we have all the tickets already, i was told you get issued with the boarding cards at brum for both flights. when you land in AMS you stay in the transit area, then get on the next plane, stupid question, but does Sa need a schegen visa for this,change of planes?? we are'nt leaving the airport?? the flight was booked from Airline network, I booked a flight with China airlines to BKK. when tickets arrived, it was via AMS with KLM, and then china airlines to bkk

andy muay thai
15th Nov 2007, 22:50
I think the answer is no,
i cut and pasted this from the Netherlands website, can someone confirm this for me.

Transit Visa
The method of travel determines whether or not you require a transit visa and which type of transit visa you need.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are travelling through the Netherlands over land (e.g. by road or train), passport holders of countries whose nationals require a Schengen visa should be in possession of a valid transit visa.

When travelling by air, nationals of the following countries require a transit visa to pass through the transit zone of a Netherlands airport:

Afghanistan
Angola
Bangladesh Colombia
Congo (Dem. Republic) Eritrea
Ethiopia Gambia
Ghana Guinea
Guinea Bissau Iran
Iraq Nepal (as per 1 July 2006)
Nigeria Pakistan
Sierra Leone Somalia
Sri Lanka Sudan
Syria

This does not apply if above-mentioned nationals hold:

a residence permit (indefinite stay) for the United Kingdom or one of the EEA countries or a temporary residence permit for Canada or the United States of America (Green Card). This residence permit must be valid on the departure date from the Netherlands and

a confirmed onward flight ticket and

the applicant is not leaving the transit lounge.

Holders of diplomatic, service and special passports do not need a transit visa to pass through the transit zone of a Netherlands airport.

Please note that travellers who intend to leave the international transit zone either to collect luggage or to check in with another airline for their onward flight are advised that they will NOT be regarded as being in transit. In such cases, please contact the Royal Netherlands Embassy for further information before travelling.

The visa information number: 09065-508916 (£1 per minute).

If you cannot find the answer to your question in the general visa / MVV information, please check the FAQs on visas to see if your question is listed.

Harvey at home
15th Nov 2007, 22:56
Originally posted by andy muay thai:

The transit area is a "Sterile" area and you will not normally need any visa

Harvey & Wan

maokaang
15th Nov 2007, 23:08
but does Sa need a schegen visa for this,change of planes?? No. She won't be entering Holland.

andy muay thai
15th Nov 2007, 23:23
when speaking with Airline Network (http://www.dpbolvw.net/ta122mu2-u1HJLMORIRHJIMOIQQR) they said you check in for both flights at brum, and the baggage will have bkk, and when in ams it transfers on to the plane, and i think we will have to run to get the next plane,

andy muay thai
15th Nov 2007, 23:26
justpanicing a bit as there is mention of a transit visa. i know you dont need one for other places we have changed planes, dubai, abu dhabi, doha

andy muay thai
15th Nov 2007, 23:35
ive just cut and pasted this from klm ukwebsite, so i think we are ok, is this correct

/ 16NOV07 / 0630 UTC
National THAILAND (TH)
Residence UNITED KINGDOM (GREAT BRITAIN) (GB)
Embarkation UNITED KINGDOM (GREAT BRITAIN) (GB)
Transit NETHERLANDS (NL) /Destination THAILAND (TH)
ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

NETHERLANDS (NL)

1. If holding "family member" residence permit, issued to a
family member of an EEA national (see TIRGL/EEA) or
national of Switzerland:
visa not required.

2. In all other cases:
visa not required provided:
- continuing by same or first available aircraft to a third
country; and
- arriving and departing from/to a non-Schengen country (see
TIRGL/SCHS ); and
- holding confirmed onward reservation and all documents
required for next destination; and
- not leaving the airport transit area.

If next destination is a Schengen State: a Schengen transit
visa is required. For full details on Schengen Agreement see:
For details, click here .

Non-compliance with transit regulations may result in
deportation of passenger and/or costs for transporting carrier.

THAILAND (TH)

Passport (must be in good condition) required. Also accepted:
- expired passport, provided holding a Thai Citizen ID card or
any Thai government ID; or
- Certificate of Identity.

Visa not required.

NETHERLANDS (NL)

Vaccinations not required.

THAILAND (TH)

Yellow Fever vaccination not required.

Malaria prophylaxis recommended.
For details see: For details, click here .

CHECK TINEWS/N16 - WHEN DEPARTING THE U.S.A.

Timaticweb Version 1.3
16 November 2007

db1
16th Nov 2007, 04:30
Andy, stop worrying you will be ok NO transit visa as her ILR is good, and you will make the departure gate in plenty of time

Flip
16th Nov 2007, 05:47
I can assure you that she needs no transit visa - my wife has made that journey several times.