PDA

View Full Version : missus preggers

rossi
2nd Dec 2014, 20:38
good evening all.

missus is 2 months pregnant :) were both happy about it

ive tried to find out some info about what my wife is entitled too, as she is here on her first spouse visa (arrived in march 14) i want to make sure that we dont jeopardise her visa in some way by getting benefits she isnt allowed on her visa.

so we've been to the doctors and the midwife. the midwife has given my wife quite a few bits of paperwork and things and amongst them is a prescription excemption charge (free prescriptions and dental apparantly) and there are vouchers and things to get weekly allowances. anyway theres a few bits and bobs i hope were entitled too.

is there any problems in my wife getting these benefits on her current visa?

thanks for any info.

toddmeister
2nd Dec 2014, 23:50
Congratulations

Under the spouse visa your Mrs is entitled to free nhs treatment and like you say when pregnant free prescriptions and dental treatment. She will also be entitled to free dental treatment up until your babies first birthday (my wife made the most of this and went to her dentist more times in that year than I've been in a lifetime :) She will be issued with a exemption card (like a little credit card) which she can take to any appointments and I think they put an expiry date of 1 year from your babies due date

No doubt you will be getting the "bounty" packs at various stages of her pregnancy, again no problems. From what I can remember (out boy is 1.5yo now) the packs contain things like discount vouchers for shops like mothercare, boots etc. you also get things like samples of washing powder, baby wipes, baby towels, stuff like that.

Also looking ahead a little, when the baby is born your wife can't claim child benefit but you as the father can claim. That's what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossi
3rd Dec 2014, 06:52
thanks for confirming todd!

livingwithathaigirl
3rd Dec 2014, 09:21
...She will also be entitled to free dental treatment up until your babies first birthday (my wife made the most of this and went to her dentist more times in that year than I've been in a lifetime :)

I had this idea too but our dentist just took about a minute looking at her teeth and did nothing so it didn't save us much! She's got very good teeth, mind you, like a lot of Thais.

We're not bothering with the bounty packs in the second pregnancy. I'm a bit of an offer fiend but I can't remember any discounts good enough to justify the mountain of junk mail/email that follows signing up or to justify the cheeky Bounty photographer trying to come in and sell photo services on the ward as soon as the baby's born ;)

Congratulations, rossi. What todd said is all true, of course. My wife was on a settlement visa when she became pregnant too.

toddmeister
3rd Dec 2014, 11:45
I had this idea too but our dentist just took about a minute looking at her teeth and did nothing so it didn't save us much! She's got very good teeth, mind you, like a lot of Thais..

Yeah my Mrs to my (non-dentist)eye has the kind of pearly whites any farang would be proud of. But she insisted she wanted then polished etc. she did need some "proper" work doing, like a filling but she was more interested in getting the clean done :D

prikphet
3rd Dec 2014, 16:30
Good news in the mini-budget today also for those with Sprogs - removed Air Tax for under 16's I believe :D

Natty
3rd Dec 2014, 17:33
Good news in the mini-budget today also for those with Sprogs - removed Air Tax for under 16's I believe :D

From May next year for under 12, for under 16 its March 2016.

The DOB for 12 to 15 year olds will then need to be added to bookings for travel post March 2016 I expect for the system to calculate APD correctly.

Linne
4th Dec 2014, 04:17
Did my reading state that taxation will be listed separately ? looks like O'Leary can go back to his old ways :whistle:

rossi
4th Dec 2014, 07:31
thanks all
the last few posts went right over my head tho? :)

Gary & Nok
4th Dec 2014, 07:52
From May next year for under 12, for under 16 its March 2016.From May next year, mmmh. After the election I presume so will not take place once the Cons are out on their ear

rossi
7th Jan 2015, 12:54
afternoon all.

im not sure if my wife will get SMP from work. she works for an agency and only works about 15hours per week. so the other option i think is to claim Maternity Allowance.

is this going to be ok to try and claim? ie it wont affect her visa status, i dont think this is classed as public funds but i need to just double check.

i was going to try an use this new system of shared leave but i dont think its worth it by the reduction in pay id recieve.

rossi
14th May 2015, 09:53
good morning all

well my wife was given maternity leave which she has started and they have now sent a letter saying they wont be paying statutory maternity pay (becuase she doenst earn enough per week), so i think im left with maternity allowance to try and apply for.

but can someone tell if maternity allowance is allowed for my wife becuase of her visa or does this not matter?

rossi
15th May 2015, 15:23
anyone? please :)

Rockymanbkk
30th Aug 2015, 10:19
The employer is correct.

One thing mentioned in an earlier post was child benefit.

As soon as your wife is able to have this out in her name do it.

The reason is that if she doesn't work full time she may not be building up her NI towards her state pension

Child benefit allows her to build this up.