PDA

View Full Version : FLR and ESOL/Citizenship course

chitran
25th May 2007, 08:59
Hi

I just arrived in Harrow, London 10 days ago kha and will get married on June 14th. I'm here on Fiance Visa. I search for the information in the forum but I'm a bit confuse when do I need to submit the certificate of ESOL or Life in UK certificate. When I apply for 2 years settlement visa (FLR) after married. And when can I register to National Health Insurance.

Now I'm searching for ESOL/Citizenship course in the area but haven't found any.

Please help. Thank you kha.

chitran
25th May 2007, 08:59
Hi

I just arrived in Harrow, London 10 days ago kha and will get married on June 14th. I'm here on Fiance Visa. I search for the information in the forum but I'm a bit confuse when do I need to submit the certificate of ESOL or Life in UK certificate. When I apply for 2 years settlement visa (FLR) after married. And when can I register to National Health Insurance.

Now I'm searching for ESOL/Citizenship course in the area but haven't found any.

Please help. Thank you kha.

KhunIanB-UK
25th May 2007, 10:45
lana,

Welcome to the UK :banana:! Your Finacee visa will be for 6 months. You will need to apply for FLR before the expiry date of the Fiancee Visa, you don't need to worry about ESOL/Tests for FLR visa (sooner you can get on an combined ESOL the better though), that only applies to ILR (at the moment ;))

You can register for the NHS immediately by going to your local or most convenient GPs (Doctors) Surgery and asking to be put on their patient list. They will most probably require to see your passport and it might be best doing the first visit with your fiancee/husband as they may ask for more info and might require you to see the nurse for a preliminary checkup.

Good luck with the wedding and finding a course :thumb:

John
25th May 2007, 11:29
Lana posted :-

I'm searching for ESOL/Citizenship course in the area but haven't found any.

If this is you personally posting your message then I think you really do not need to be looking for a combined ESOL/Citizenship course. Instead, given your standard of English, you should be studying for and then passing the Citizenship Test.

But as Ian has already said, you don't need to be worrying about this yet. After your wedding has happened you need to apply on form FLR(M) for a 2-year spouse visa ... and for that it is not necessary to worry about the Citizenship Test or the combined ESOL/Citizenship course. Furthermore you can submit the application on form FLR(M) as soon as the marriage has happened. It is not necessary to wait until near the end of your 6-month fiancée visa.

When you apply for your ILR, in the last 28 days of validity of your 2-year spouse visa, that is when you will need to supply your pass certificate from the Citizenship Test. So don't worry about that test yet. At least get the honeymoon over before starting to study for the test!

chitran
26th May 2007, 07:47
Hi Ian-B UK and John. Thank you very much from me and my husband Mick for your information you have supplied in this forum during my fiance visa application and other information. And I hope I can help others as you have help us in the future.