PDA

View Full Version : Buses From New Airport To Nong Khai -- Running Yet ?

Trevor2522
25th Oct 2006, 08:20
Nong Khai is among the destinations available from the transport centre at Suvarnabhumi airport.

But their phone number is not answered and there is no schedule on the Internet.

Does anyone know if the service is actually up and running yet? And the timetable? The girlfriend wants to see me off at the airport and then proceed on home.

Many thanks.

erikr69
26th Oct 2006, 11:16
yes is running:

evening departure is 9:00 pm and I believe the day departure was around 10:00 am but not sure about that one

costs till Khon Kaen was 355 baht

iancanton
27th Oct 2006, 06:26
trevor

u mean u're going to subject ur gf to an arduous bus journey to the edge of laos rather than buy a £15 flight (inclusive of airport fees) for her to udon thani? or is she not a big fan of flying?

ian. :)

somchai
2nd Nov 2006, 19:03
well I can chip in here. It's not the getting to UTH that's the problem, it's then then getting to the villages in Nong Khai. >taxi to NK Amper Muang and then...

The bus from BKK seems to go direct from to the villages to the east of Nong Khai where most of the beloved locals live. this is why the bus from BKK is favoured. 10 hours undisturbed Asian sleeping overnight on a bus is preferred to hassle of taxi to airport/flight to UTH/taxi to NK Ampur Muang/onward taxi etc etc.

Get on & go to sleep.

Somchai

colin244
3rd Nov 2006, 13:48
Well in our case (Dao solo or with me)we avoid the buses due to time factor and comfort factor! BTW not Udon Th

Typical trip to Dao's village is :-

Thai air BKK-PHS (Phitsanulok) then taxi from airport for 70km to village (Bang Dung!)

Flight approx £50 return each
Taxi approx £20 return for car (usually pick-up)

Maybe I'm paying through the nose but I consider this good value and certainly quicker and more comfortable!

Happy travelling :D
colin 244