PDA

View Full Version : Assault and Racism

Kate&Martin
30th Sep 2007, 07:03
Hi all,

Last week, I had a school boy hit me and told me to p*ss off home to my country after I didn't give him a ciggarette. Obviously this upsets me and I didn't know what to do.

When Martin got home, he contacted the school and Police. The police came to our house and took a statement. They had found the CCTV of the event. They are waiting for the school to identify the boy and arrest him. I don't think it will go to the court but at least he will get told off.

The reason I'm posting this is, it is evident from the Thai forum that this also happened to thai people on this site and nothing was reported. We do not have to tolerate this and incident should be reported.

Please make sure your wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends know that they do not have to tolerate this. If we do not report these things however small, things will only get worse.

Kind regards

Kate

Kate&Martin
30th Sep 2007, 07:03
Hi all,

Last week, I had a school boy hit me and told me to p*ss off home to my country after I didn't give him a ciggarette. Obviously this upsets me and I didn't know what to do.

When Martin got home, he contacted the school and Police. The police came to our house and took a statement. They had found the CCTV of the event. They are waiting for the school to identify the boy and arrest him. I don't think it will go to the court but at least he will get told off.

The reason I'm posting this is, it is evident from the Thai forum that this also happened to thai people on this site and nothing was reported. We do not have to tolerate this and incident should be reported.

Please make sure your wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends know that they do not have to tolerate this. If we do not report these things however small, things will only get worse.

Kind regards

Kate

BigRed
30th Sep 2007, 07:50
Fortunately police take racism seriously so they should deal with him to the full extent of the law, ie. tell him off unless he is a serious repeat offender :shrug:

If you had been a white schoolgirl they would probably have not got involved at all :mad:

BigRed

Tobias
30th Sep 2007, 07:57
The police generally do take racially motivated crime very seriously. What happens to this little tyke will depend on his age and whether or not he has a criminal history.

SteveR
30th Sep 2007, 08:58
Very much doubt it was truly racially motivated, these scum will happily abuse anyone that crosses their paths.

packpao
30th Sep 2007, 09:20
Sorry to hear about it P'Kate,

It's a good job there was obtainable CCTV. I hope there's a positive outcome for you.

Packpao

Casey Jones
30th Sep 2007, 09:50
I think a very big stick & a beating is called for. Unfortunately he'll just get told off, repeat offend & will become the next generation of thug. :nod:

andy muay thai
30th Sep 2007, 11:37
i am a serving officer with leicestershire, hope fully the cctv with have audio recording too, as long as the statement gave the verbals, etc that was said and the suspect's demeanour, etc all detailed then the youth will be arrestable for racialy aggrivated public order / common assault offences. if the youth is under 17, and he has'nt been in trouble before he could be eligable for a reprimand / final warnig. however it depends how racist and insulting the verbals and actions were, and his previous offending history, which would then make the agrivating factors, and the gravity score would be too great, for a reprimand or a final warning ( thats only if he admits it ) if not, then the CPS would hopefully authorise a charge, and send him to youth court 7 days later. ( wonder what his parents views are ??? )

fish
30th Sep 2007, 12:51
Originally posted by SteveR:
Very much doubt it was truly racially motivated, these scum will happily abuse anyone that crosses their paths.

Quite right I think. Kate If you had have been white you would probably still got some sort of abuse,ie if you were over weight that would have been picked on.I am afraid it is a sad state of the now English mentality that Kids today that they have no respect for their elders.
In years gone by children in this country had respect for their elders,if they did not they knew as I did, If they got into trouble and their parents found out they would be in serious trouble.But now it seems Parents in this country do not careless about what their offspring get up to .Similar things have happened to me but as I have been
round the block a few times (getting older and wiser now) they not get the chance to give me any abuse.
Fortunatley for my wife when she joins me I in live in a small place ( when there are no holiday makers here) so most people still know every body else or knows somebody that knows you and what you expierenced I hope will not happen here to my wife or to the small amount of other non English people we have living here including some Thai people I know.

I hope who did this to you gets their Just rewards.

caller
30th Sep 2007, 13:36
Originally posted by andy muay thai:
i am a serving officer with leicestershire, hope fully the cctv with have audio recording too, as long as the statement gave the verbals, etc that was said and the suspect's demeanour, etc all detailed then the youth will be arrestable for racialy aggrivated public order / common assault offences. if the youth is under 17, and he has'nt been in trouble before he could be eligable for a reprimand / final warnig. however it depends how racist and insulting the verbals and actions were, and his previous offending history, which would then make the agrivating factors, and the gravity score would be too great, for a reprimand or a final warning ( thats only if he admits it ) if not, then the CPS would hopefully authorise a charge, and send him to youth court 7 days later. ( wonder what his parents views are ??? )

Andy, thanks for this detailed and infromative post. However, to me (and I'm aware of what happened to Kate via Ooy and she has my sympathy) it just sums up what a mess we're in here.

So many procedures, so much cost, time and effort, when what maybe should happen, is a local bobby knocks on the door, reads the riot act and lets said scroat know that his face is now known and will be looked out for.

Now, in our ultra liberal society, so many different Govt. departments and agencies, full of well meaning worthy people, kick into action, at great cost and get involved to what effect? Zilch as far as I can see.

What a strange state of affairs!

rolyshark
30th Sep 2007, 15:18
If this had happened in Derbyshire a prosecution would be brought for racially aggravated assault.
This is the case regardless of the previous history of the offender.

I am aware of a case brought to trial of three kids,aged 14-16 on racially aggravated assault charges. The evidence against them was far weaker than Kate's,in that there was only the evidence of the victim.

Noi & Nick
30th Sep 2007, 15:27
Kate, I can only say that I am sorry that this happened and I hope that they throw the book at the little scroat.

db1
1st Oct 2007, 04:37
Sorry to hear that Kate, I hope the Little Rat gets his just deserts, I hope nothing like that happens to Aree.

Linne
2nd Oct 2007, 02:45
Did you feel threatened ? Were you in fear of violence ?
If you think the answers are yes then you must say so.
As said in previous posts racially aggrevated offences are usually taken very seriously. If you feel still feel distressed then make it known........have you spoken to victim support etc. Nothing is acceptable.
Shame really I would have thought that the population of Dorking would known better.