PDA

View Full Version : Proof of Single Status

BigRed
24th Apr 2007, 10:44
Bit of a silly one this, but my wife is convinced that I must have been married before, which I haven't. How can I prove it to her?

BigRed

BigRed
24th Apr 2007, 10:44
Bit of a silly one this, but my wife is convinced that I must have been married before, which I haven't. How can I prove it to her?

BigRed

N Barton
24th Apr 2007, 10:51
been going thru something similar myself, with Par thinking iam still married. Junk mail still comes with my ex wifes name on it.
The fact that she wouldnt have got her spouses visa if i hadnt proved to the embassy that i was divorced seems to count for nothing.
Really not a lot we can do iam afraid, Par tends to forget about it for a couple of month then the next Avon leaflet drops thru the door and it all starts again :argue: :)

galahad
24th Apr 2007, 11:10
Proof of never being married before?
A healthy bank balance and no maintenance payments ;)

Tobias
24th Apr 2007, 11:12
Originally posted by BigRed:
How can I prove it to her? You can't! You can prove you are married, you can prove you are divorced ... but you cannot prove you have never been married ... unless you were married in the UK when the marriage certificate will show your status as "bachelor".

BigRed
24th Apr 2007, 12:17
You can't! You can prove you are married, you can prove you are divorced ... but you cannot prove you have never been married ... unless you were married in the UK when the marriage certificate will show your status as "bachelor".

Thought as much :( That leaves me with the why won't you marry me in England (answer: because we are already married)

BigRed

-Keith-
24th Apr 2007, 13:41
Thought as much That leaves me with the why won't you marry me in England (answer: because we are already married)

Bigamist :lol:

dan&ploy
24th Apr 2007, 13:41

Usually one arm is much stronger than the other. :angel:

colin244
24th Apr 2007, 16:06
dan,

:lol:
colin 244

Phillip & Joy
25th Apr 2007, 00:24
maybe this could be the start of one of those emails that go round. "50 things that prove I have never been married"

On there might be

"I still have some semblence of sanity left"

"the walls of my flat are still magnolia"

"I have no idea what a brussel sprout is"

"my ornaments come from Mcdonalds"

Hehe!

Gary & Nok
25th Apr 2007, 00:51
Just a thought BigRed, if it means that much to her why not get a blessing? Exactly the same as a marriage but a few words changed at the crucial point. She none the wiser, your life a lot happier. :D

Marcus
25th Apr 2007, 02:02
Thought as much :( That leaves me with the why won't you marry me in England (answer: because we are already married)
After we got married Dao used to pester me to death to get married at the British Embassy! otherwise, she thought, we weren't really married! She even maintained this belief whilst living in the UK! Amazing, isn't it!

Good Luck Big Red. (And the blessing idea sounds like a good one).

BigRed
25th Apr 2007, 05:20
the blessing idea sounds like a good one

It does, but I have never knowingly lied to or deceived her. It would be ironic to start doing so over this issue.

BigRed

Marcus
25th Apr 2007, 07:00
"It's a blessing. It's like getting married for a second time."

Surely no deception?

Gary & Nok
25th Apr 2007, 12:15
... but I have never knowingly lied to or deceived her. It would be ironic to start doing so over this issue.
BigRed
Sorry BigRed I did not mean to imply that you should deceive or lie to her, only that if her wish is an English wedding (which you can not do again, unless you divorce her first :)) then the blessing is the next best thing. I did this on my first wedding (then to be wife married before) and it was just the same as a "proper" wedding. Church, flowers, after do and cost :D

Gary

colin244
25th Apr 2007, 14:16
Lucky me as Dao & I married in England so the question was not raised but we had a sort of marriage in "the village" recently which made Dao and the 150 who turned up very happy :)

The party involved the wedding suits etc and the string/disco/copious amounts of booze & food but no real cerimony and we went through the sin sot routine

No monks attended and it was conducted by some head woman of the village but the monks at the local Wat provided free of charge the awning/seating & utensils although I'm sure we donated somewhere along the lines! :D

Anyway a good time was had by all except the guests who ended up in hospital (4 I believe) and the disco men in the truck involved in a punch up till some army/police official turned up with troops and the family retired to sleep in the house :cool:

Sorry for off topic slightly
colin 244