PDA

View Full Version : Visit visa and wage slips

Jimmer 1
24th Aug 2016, 13:18
Hi all i am going back to thailand in september to do a visit visa for my wife.i am currently self employed and pay tax 20% everyweek .the problem i have is the company i just finished with has not issued me any wage slips yet! Am trying to get them .would this be a problem when doing the supporting documents if i dont have them? I have bank statements to show what has been paid in would this be sufficent by itself ? Regards jim

HappyCar
28th Aug 2016, 23:51
Hi mate,
unfortunately no,this will not be enough. Every critical piece of information/data must be backed up with 2 recognised sources of evidence (bank statements AND payslips showing exact amounts going out as per each other). Payslips can be produced very quickly by companies or their accountant. Just press on them how urgent it is.
Good luck with the application.
Remember, do not hold back on providing sufficient information that your wife has 2 or 3 documented and substantial reasons to return to Thailand after the visit to the UK. This is a cornerstone deciding factor for the assessing officer.

Flip
29th Aug 2016, 06:46
Its been a while since I helped out with a VV application but they were never that fussy. Bank statements are all I've ever sent. Settlement visas are a different animal but never had a VV refused with only bank statements as evidence.

Jimmer 1
29th Aug 2016, 12:42
Thanks for the replys so bank statements are sufficent enough then?

chris117402
29th Aug 2016, 13:22
When I did a visit visa last year I provided bank statements and wage skips for the last 6 months. I used agency to do visa and that was what they asked me to provide. Note I am not saying use an agency as you can do it yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyCar
29th Aug 2016, 22:14
My mate and his PI gf tried for a VV and failed as she didn't supply wage slips to support the bank statements info. He earns £70k tax free in UAE plus benefits, was supporting the whole trip, with her the whole way, but failed. Resubmitted and failed again as she couldn't provide 6 months pay slips. She could only provide 4 as only working 4 months with current employer and her previous employer didn't give any of the staff payslips and have since went bankrupt so couldnt retropsecitively request them. They cited this as a reason that she wasn't in a stable working environment, therefore, no strong reason to return to UAE. :confused:

Jimmer 1
30th Aug 2016, 06:30
Thanks happy car but i will be sponsoring the trip and am trying to get my wage slips.i am assuming if i cannot get them then will have to put visa on hold.was hoping bank statements would be sufficent enough.

Flip
31st Aug 2016, 14:42
Your bank statements are enough - providing you have enough cash of course. What do you think retired people use? I was at Uni with no income but savings when my then gf applied for her VV - granted. Reading Happycar's post - I would like to see the actual reason for refusal but from what he posts, you will note that the payslips are cited in connection with stable employment on the part of the applicant - it doesn't appear that the finances themselves or those of the sponsor were in doubt.

ian1208
31st Aug 2016, 14:59
It is ‘reason to return’. It make little or no difference someone makes £70k + and wants to sponsor. It is the person receiving the visa satisfying the officer they will return.

My wife’s niece, 21 years old, last year of nursing college in Rayong, earns 7,200bht a month from government, lives in nurses accommodation granted visa for UK visit and German visa.
Absolutely no questions asked.
We only provided a letter that she would stay with us for the three week duration and that she was financing the trip herself (albeit we sent her some to cover flights).

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

It is ‘reason to return’. It make little or no difference someone makes £70k + and wants to sponsor. It is the person receiving the visa satisfying the officer they will return.

My wife’s niece, 21 years old, last year of nursing college in Rayong, earns 7,200bht a month from government, lives in nurses accommodation granted visa for UK visit and German visa.
Absolutely no questions asked.
We only provided a letter that she would stay with us for the three week duration and that she was financing the trip herself (albeit we sent her some to cover flights).

rasg
31st Aug 2016, 17:31
Many people who work in Thailand don't receive wage slips at all.

My then GF last year provided no wage slips and no bank details or statements. What she did provide was a letter from her employer on headed notepaper stating that she would have a job to go back to at the end of her holiday and how much she was being paid.

As her sponsor I provided bank statements to show that I had sufficient money to cover her trip. I also provided details of a savings account which was probably totally unnecessary. I am self employed so wage slips aren’t provided unless I write them myself. :D

Proof of relationship, reason to return and sufficient money to pay for the trip are all that is necessary.

Jimmer 1
1st Sep 2016, 07:24
Thanks for the replies.one more question what is a good reason to return?my wife will be coming with my son and step daughter she has no job and lives in a family home with sisters and a brother.her parents are both deceased so am wondering what to put down as reason to return? Sorry if off topic

Gary & Nok
1st Sep 2016, 11:08
A reason, although not an air tight one, is that you realise the importance of keeping within the visa rules and a return within that visa time is critical as you would not wish to jeopardise any future visa application.

Not exactly air tight but it shows that you understand the importance of the visa time restrictions. Of course anything else to add to it is a bonus. Son and Step daughters need to return to school maybe.

Jimmer 1
1st Sep 2016, 11:26
Thanks gary

Flip
1st Sep 2016, 13:01
Jimmer, I take it you mean your wife lives in a family home and has no job? I don't want this to worry you but people have had problems with this kind of application before - wife living in Thailand and husband in UK. There is a likely suspicion that you are simply trying to get your wife and family in permanently without paying settlement visa fees etc. then they disappear. Therefore, the reasons to return must be strong.

I think in this case the owness will be on you to provide a convincing explanation as to why you live separately and how things work in your relationship. For example: You plan to move to Thailand at some point. You should explain things like the children being settled in their home country, discuss their education etc. I take it this is a family visit, also to see the UK, the kid's father's homeland etc. etc...........are you getting my drift? You need to convince the ECO that you have no plans to live in the UK and bypass the visa fees - this is simply a visit.

You will need to show how you are supporting your family in Thailand and as a bonus, this would help on your previous question of sponsorship.

By the way, you mention your son - he is entitled to a British passport (if he doesn't have one already) and does not need a visa.

Jimmer 1
2nd Sep 2016, 09:29
Thanks flip yes my son does have a british passport . Well it looks like i am going to have to word the sponser letter the best i can then and hope for the best.is there any draft letters in the forum archives?have searched but cannot seem to find any .regards

ian1208
2nd Sep 2016, 12:06
Is your son coming with your partner?

If so, it is an easy one.

Jimmer 1
3rd Sep 2016, 09:57
Yes and stepdaughter