PDA

View Full Version : I applied for my wife's Settlement Visa 2 weeks ago...

thesweetscience
21st Sep 2016, 04:29
I applied for my wife's Settlement Visa 2 weeks ago (from Cambodia) but we have yet to receive any email confirmation that the documents have been received in Thailand.

We applied through the VFS centre in Phnom Penh and we didn't get any confirmation that they sent the documents (this isn't out of the ordinary because they didn't send us an email when we applied for a Visit Visa last year).

However, in regards to not having heard from the UK Embassy in Thailand yet, is this a cause for concern? Does it generally take this long for them to receive documents?

Gary & Nok
21st Sep 2016, 09:27
I am not sure that you do receive notification that your documents have "arrived".

If money is taken from your account for payment, then there is your first indication. Other than this do you not only receive communication:
1. If there is a need for more information/clarity
2. That your visa is ready for collection.

thesweetscience
21st Sep 2016, 11:46
I am not sure that you do receive notification that your documents have "arrived".

If money is taken from your account for payment, then there is your first indication. Other than this do you not only receive communication:
1. If there is a need for more information/clarity
2. That your visa is ready for collection.

Thanks for your reply Gary.

When I helped my wife apply for her UK Visitor Visa last time, I received two emails from the British Embassy in Bangkok - The first basically is a "Thank you for your UK Visa application which is now under consideration." and the second to say that a decision has been made on the application.

We haven't received any yet (albeit it's a bit too soon for a decision, we were still expecting a confirmation email that our docs have been received).

Maybe some other recent applicants can chime in on this?