PDA

View Full Version : A few questions regarding the FLR application

Irishfella
5th Oct 2016, 21:47
Hello Folks, my wife is due to submit here FLR application in the next few months.

I met the income threshold. I will provide 6 months wage slips stamped and dated by my employer and a letter from my employer confirming my permanent position and salary

Our living arrangements are the same as out TLR application. I will provide a floor plan of the house, photo's of house and an invitation letter from my father who owns the property.

Proof of residency. I read that my wife has to provide 6 official letters addressed to her at our home. Is 6 bank statements sufficient?

Proof of Marriage. I will submit the same documentation we submitted for our TLR visa. Do I also have to provide photo's proving our relationship like we had to in our first application?

English Language. My wife completed a City & Guilds ESOL Skills for Life Level 2 qualification last year. Does this meet the current requirements?

Have I forgot anything?

Thanks

rasg
5th Oct 2016, 22:55
Our living arrangements are the same as out TLR application. I will provide a floor plan of the house, photo's of house and an invitation letter from my father who owns the property.

I'm not familiar with a TLR visa but I know quite a lot about FLR as we submitted a few weeks ago.

Proof of residency. I read that my wife has to provide 6 official letters addressed to her at our home. Is 6 bank statements sufficient?

No it's not. How long does your current visa run for? Ideally you need six letters posted to the two of you as a couple and they need to run over the course of two years.

Here is a list of the requirements.
Note 11 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names.
Examples of acceptable items are listed below. The documents provided must be originals.
Photocopies are not acceptable.
The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.
For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted.
If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address.
If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.
If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.
Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period.
Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM
Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements My wife came here on a fiancée visa that lasted for six months so I explained in a covering letter that we couldn’t give them six or eight letters as she hadn’t been here that long. I provided council tax bills with both of our names on, confirmation from our doctor that we were both patients and a couple of dental appointments.

Proof of Marriage. I will submit the same documentation we submitted for our TLR visa. Do I also have to provide photo's proving our relationship like we had to in our first application?

I provided a few A4 laser printed sheets of our wedding photos and more from the beginning of our relationship. I don't think they require them but I have always supplied them

English Language. My wife completed a City & Guilds ESOL Skills for Life Level 2 qualification last year. Does this meet the current requirements?

An educated guess is that it does but I am going to say I don't know until you tell me what a TLR visa is...:D

Irishfella
6th Oct 2016, 12:39
Hi there. TLR = Temporary Leave to Remain. Which is what I thought the first 30 month visa is called?
We live with my father. He will be providing an invitation letter as he did for the first visa. We have a council tax letter addressed to my wife and my father. A hospital letter addressed to my wife and I. A HM revenue letter, a DVLA letter and bank statements addressed to my wife and i can provide all my utility bills. Hopefully this will be enough.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tom & Nok
6th Oct 2016, 13:41
Regarding the English language requirement, unfortunately your wife's City and Guilds (C&G) ESOL Skills for Life at Level 2 taken last year will not satisfy the current requirements for FLR(M).

According to C&G, they didn't renew their licence with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to be a Secure English Language Test provider with effect from 6th April 2015. Any C&G certificates issued for ESOL examinations held before or on 5 April 2015 could only be used for UK visa applications until 5 November 2015. Any C&G ESOL certificates issued for examinations held on or after 6 April 2015 will not be accepted as part of the visa application process.

According to the Times Higher Education Supplement:

"A City & Guilds spokesperson told Times Higher Education that the organisation did not apply for accreditation due to the extensive tender requirements (http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/language-test-providers-announced-after-scandal/2018784.article), including, “A need for testing centres in countries that City & Guilds felt did not fit with its international strategy and additional investment in IT systems.”

With effect from this month (October 2016), your wife needs a pass at at least CEFR level A2 in English speaking and listening through either an IELTS or Trinity English exam on this SELT listing which was published on 22rd September (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/555247/2016-09-23_-_Approved_Secure_English_Language_Tests_and_Test_Centres.pdf) for her FLR(M) application.

Given that she has already achieved a G&G ESOL Level 2 pass this would be a breeze for her albeit yet more expense :(.

Irishfella
6th Oct 2016, 14:28
I can't believe I paid Belfast Metropolitan College £800 last year for a worthless bit of paper :(

rasg
6th Oct 2016, 14:39
If it's any consolation it is only £150 for the A2 pass. For seven minutes...

Irishfella
6th Oct 2016, 14:48
£150 is not too bad I guess. Just wondering which test my wife should go for? The A2 or the B1? I know the B1 is required for the settlement visa, but we are going to go for Irish Citizen ship under the Good Friday Agreement rule which my wife can apply for in June next year.

Is the B1 much more difficult than the A2? Are there any online practice exams?

Thanks

rasg
6th Oct 2016, 16:11
if you go to YouTube and search for Trinity college London you will probably find some there.

Samsung
6th Oct 2016, 18:16
so could i get rid of all the old airline tickets hotel bills and trips that i had to submitt for her settlement visa phone records line converstations ie all the old stuff they wont want

KhunIanB-UK
7th Oct 2016, 07:35
could i get rid of all the old airline tickets hotel bills and trips that i had to submitt for her settlement visa

For Citizenship application they could still prove useful. I remember having to scour over old passport stamps to try and find out dates of from and to holiday trips as you have to list all trips outside of the UK, from, to and duration. So if you are going to throw them away, record all the dates and durations for helping prepare for UK Citizenship if that's the way you're heading (which I would strongly advise on).

rasg
7th Oct 2016, 09:09
I treated FLR in exactly the same way that I treated the Settlement visa with the extras thrown in. That is with proof of relationship paperwork that I relied on for Settlement visa. Proof of marriage is not really the same as proof of relationship (to me) so I included old boarding cards and hotel bookings with the FLR application.

I wouldn’t throw them away.

Samsung
3rd Feb 2017, 19:40
£150 is not too bad I guess. Just wondering which test my wife should go for? The A2 or the B1? I know the B1 is required for the settlement visa, but we are going to go for Irish Citizen ship under the Good Friday Agreement rule which my wife can apply for in June next year.

Is the B1 much more difficult than the A2? Are there any online practice exams?

Thanks b1 is the way forward I think depends on the wife, in the animal kingdom they are called parasites in the human kingdom they are called lawyers solicitors bankers and various other government officials and organisations

Irishfella
4th Feb 2017, 00:28
b1 is the way forward I think depends on the wife, in the animal kingdom they are called parasites in the human kingdom they are called lawyers solicitors bankers and various other government officials and organisations
Like all Thais she needs a good boot in the hole. She will be getting an Irish passport and if she needs anything that needs an English exam she should start talking it more

Samsung
4th Feb 2017, 00:47
Like all Thais she needs a good boot in the hole. She will be getting an Irish passport and if she needs anything that needs an English exam she should start talking it more

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalkfunny you tried that life in the uk failed and failed again I did and I aint got a dag lol:banana:

Irishfella
4th Feb 2017, 00:57
Never tried life in the UK. Don't need to. Good Friday Agreement says shes Irish after 3 years if living in the UK.

Samsung
4th Feb 2017, 01:11
and she likes dags lol

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Never tried life in the UK. Don't need to. Good Friday Agreement says shes Irish after 3 years if living in the UK.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalkjack Charlton used that as well lol