View Full Version : Hi i'm new here....Help with spouse visa please

7th Jan 2017, 00:42
Hello, my name is Dave, i've been married to my Thai wife for over three years and we've been together for over six years. Three of those years we lived together in Thailand. The other three years we've been messing around with tourist visas.

I don't meet the salary requirements to successfuly apply for a spouse visa. The last time i checked it was £18,600 with no dependants.

After a little browsing i found there is another route i could take...

"How To Meet the UK’s Spouse Visa Income Threshold Using Savings"

So from what i can gather i can earn a lower income and as long as i have enough savings i can successfully apply for a visa ?

I'm not sure how credible or accurate the following website is, but according to their calculator, i'f I earn £17,000, i would need £20,000 to meet their requirements.


I'm guessing it's not as simple as that, so i have a few questions:

1. I need to be in a permanent secure job for at least six months ?
2. I need to rent/own my own house with sufficient space for at least six months ?
3. Close family members are willing to give me temporary financial help. Would big lump deposits in to my account come in to question ?

If anyone can answer my questions and shed more light on this i'd be very grateful.



7th Jan 2017, 12:57
Have a look at Appendix FM (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-family-members)-SE (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence).

With regards to accommodation (http://www.immigrationboards.com/post1108749.html#p1108749), I cannot see a minimum period mentioned (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/452964/IDI_Adequate_Maintenance_and_Accommodation_Part_8_Annex_F.pdf). But I assume that the longer. the better.

7th Jan 2017, 13:36
I would not mention your relatives are possibly going to give you a temporary lump sum..Fine if they do but you need to be in charge of the money for at least six months I think and you would perhaps need to explain where you got it from if they examine deposits in your savings/cheque/isa accounts..You need a good explanation possibly of where it came from..