PDA

View Full Version : uk visa for step sons girlfriend

dannyboyo
23rd Mar 2017, 20:21
Hi all,
My step son would like to bring his girlfriend over to the UK for 3 or 4 weeks holiday.they have been together for. Just over a year and he has visited her in thailand 6 times during that time.

The problem he has is that on paper he doesn't meet the financial requirements to sponsor her himself as a large part of his income comes from cash jobs. So I would like to know if I can sponser her for him. I would pay for everything and he would pay me back.

I own a haulage business and I am my own boss so I can provide proof my income bank statementsand details of my house that I rent.

As for her and my sons relationship being genuine. He can provide visa stamps in his passport showing his last 6 visits. Can show photos of them together over the last year and countless whatsapp and line message logs.

She works full time and had been granted time off for the holiday if she apply and her jobrother will be waiting for her on her return. She lives with her parents and sister and helps her sister care for her elderly parents.She has also visited her sister in norway 3 times.and always returned so would this count in her favorite?

Would just like to know
if I stand any chance of the visa being granted if I apply and any more information and documents me or him could provide

Flip
23rd Mar 2017, 20:51
You can of course be her sponsor as long as you explain why. It may be better if you give a slightly 'different' explanation of your son's income - I wouldn't be mentioning 'cash jobs'. Recently self employed and unable to provide his books at this stage may be a better one.

Would the young lady be staying at your house? If so, you need to give some details of the property and state that you are happy for her to stay there. People go to all sorts of lengths on this matter but all I've ever done is to state that I own a 3 bedroom house and supply a copy of my council tax bill.

Apart from that, it sounds like you have all the usual things covered. The fact that she has had 3 successful visits to Norway will be very helpful.

When I refer to 'you' - it is of course, the young lady that will be making the application so she must state all the facts. Your support and explanations should be covered in a supporting letter.

dannyboyo
23rd Mar 2017, 21:08
That was a quick response. Thanks.
So if I was to say that I want to be the sponsor because right now my son has just started a new company and the books are not available at this stage. That would be ok?
So you think she stands a good chance of the visa being granted? The fact that she has been to Norway 3 times is a good thing I was thinking.
She will be staying in my rented 3 bedroom house yeah.

Flip
23rd Mar 2017, 23:41
Its only an opinion and there are many factors affecting a visa application but from what you say, I don't see a problem. I've known many other's using 'third party' sponsors.

One of the commonest reasons for refusal of a visit visa is 'reason to return' - in other words, the applicant is genuinely wishing to visit the UK, not seek to stay and is likely to return to their country of residence before the visa expires. The fact that she has traveled to and returned from other European countries should be a big plus point.

However, she still needs to provide other evidence that will help convince the ECO. A letter from her employers giving details of her work and stating that they will hold her job open for the duration of her trip. There is a good chance that the ECO will call her employers to check this. Other reasons to return are close family ties, a settled and financially secure life in her home country.

I suggest that you supply a 'Sponsor's Statement' giving details of your property, evidence of your income or savings and any other supporting evidence. The young lady should also 'sing from the same hymn sheet so brief her on what you've said.

She should also know the name of the town she'll be visiting and your name too.

There are many posts on here giving advice on visit visas, read through them and you'll get the gist.

rasg
23rd Mar 2017, 23:48
As for her and my sons relationship being genuine. He can provide visa stamps in his passport showing his last 6 visits. Can show photos of them together over the last year and countless whatsapp and line message logs.

She works full time and had been granted time off for the holiday if she apply and her jobrother will be waiting for her on her return. She lives with her parents and sister and helps her sister care for her elderly parents.She has also visited her sister in norway 3 times.and always returned so would this count in her favorite?

Does he bank the cash he earns? Visit visas only require that a sponsor can show they have the money to finance the trip.

A letter from her employer will be needed to say that she will have a job when she returns. Ideally on headed notepaper.

Have the two of them stayed in hotels or flown together. Copies of the bookings would be useful too.

kenhulme
24th Mar 2017, 03:03
Please brief your son's girlfriend on exactly what you have put in the sponsor statement and any dates your son and her were together...my step daughter slipped up on the telephone interview and mixed up the dates her and UK boyfriend first met and they asked would she like to stay for 6 months in the UK. ..she foolishly said yes..in the application she had asked for 3 months...it seems the UKVI seem to want to catch them out..her application was rejected...where as my wife laughed and joked with her telephone interviewer 3 months earlier and visa application was accepted. Make sure all her information is in a tidy indexed file too UKVI don't like to search for relevant information on the application...having the proof she will return is one of the most important factors along with having enough finance to support her while she is in the UK. Good luck.. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Flip
25th Mar 2017, 15:14
Please brief your son's girlfriend on exactly what you have put in the sponsor statement and any dates your son and her were together...my step daughter slipped up on the telephone interview and mixed up the dates her and UK boyfriend first met and they asked would she like to stay for 6 months in the UK. ..she foolishly said yes..in the application she had asked for 3 months...it seems the UKVI seem to want to catch them out..her application was rejected...where as my wife laughed and joked with her telephone interviewer 3 months earlier and visa application was accepted. Make sure all her information is in a tidy indexed file too UKVI don't like to search for relevant information on the application...having the proof she will return is one of the most important factors along with having enough finance to support her while she is in the UK. Good luck.. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Absolutely second all of that.