PDA

View Full Version : Family visa question

Westy63
15th Sep 2017, 18:24
Hi all, I need your help. I am flying out on the 22nd September to get married in Bangkok. We are then applying for a family visa with an appointment at VFS on the 9th October. I have completed the online application and everything is ready to go.

My future wife is telling me that after we go to VFS. I am to send the folder to somewhere in Sheffield, where the application will only take 20 Days????

Anyone else heard of this?

update. She has been told that VFS give you the option that they send or you send yourself.

rasg
15th Sep 2017, 19:29
Hi all, I need your help. I am flying out on the 22nd September to get married in Bangkok. We are then applying for a family visa with an appointment at VFS on the 9th October. I have completed the online application and everything is ready to go.

My future wife is telling me that after we go to VFS. I am to send the folder to somewhere in Sheffield, where the application will only take 20 Days????

Anyone else heard of this?

update. She has been told that VFS give you the option that they send or you send yourself.

Presumably it a settlement visa you are referring to where your wife will move to the UK indefinitely? They keep changing the names. And the system has recently changed and the decision is now taken in Sheffield but your wife has to apply in Bangkok. The last few I have recently read about have been taking 50 days plus. Even those who paid a lot extra for an extra speedy service are still taking 50 days plus.

The way I understand it, you submit the paperwork in Bangkok and VFS scan the lot and send it to Sheffield.

There is a way you can send the documentation to Sheffield but I haven’t looked that far into it as my wife applied 18 months ago. I have no doubt that somebody will be able to help.

Westy63
15th Sep 2017, 20:26
Hi my future wife miss understood. You need to send documents to Sheffield, up to 20 days after she has been to VFS in Bangkok for biometric enrolment. VFS will scan for you but at a cost which I am told depends on how thick your supporting documents folder is!!!! Bangkok keep your partners passport until decision is made. This is still 60 working days.