PDA

View Full Version : Visitor Visa help needed please

Leo4me
5th Nov 2017, 20:28
Hello to you all.
I've only just discovered this forum site and I'm so happy that i have. I would like my gf to visit next year (January) using a Visitor Visa. I'll be sponsoring her for the whole visit, so should my gf apply in person, or should I apply as her sponsor. I noticed the Online Visa application had these two options and we weren't too sure which would be best.
Any thoughts or experiences please?

rasg
5th Nov 2017, 21:48
Hello to you all.
I've only just discovered this forum site and I'm so happy that i have. I would like my gf to visit next year (January) using a Visitor Visa. I'll be sponsoring her for the whole visit, so should my gf apply in person, or should I apply as her sponsor. I noticed the Online Visa application had these two options and we weren't too sure which would be best.
Any thoughts or experiences please?

It is your girlfriend's application but you can set up an account and input all the information.

Unless her English is exceptional, reading and writing, I would suggest that you do it all for her and don't let her near it. Just ask her to gather the information.

She will have to attend VFS in Bangkok to deliver all of the paperwork, supply biometrics, photo etc.

You will need to show that you can fund the trip with bank statements etc, prove you have a genuine relationship and provide good reasons that she will return to Thailand (typically a job to go back to).

rch
7th Nov 2017, 09:00
I am in the process of completing my visitor visa form on behalf of my girlfriend. One question I am not sure about whether to use my email address or use hers. If I use mine I don't want to invalidate the application. Any advice would be useful.

rasg
7th Nov 2017, 09:54
It doesn't matter. Better yours unless her English is exceptional, reading and writing.

Leo4me
25th Nov 2017, 14:23
'You will need to show that you can fund the trip with bank statements etc, prove you have a genuine relationship and provide good reasons that she will return to Thailand (typically a job to go back to).'

I can supply bank statements, proof of money I've been sending her, relationship etc, but unfortunately she's not working at the moment. Since she's been back in her village, she has been looking after her parents (her dad is quite sick), maintaining the family home and helping people in her family as well. She's also had two jobs since last summer, but they weren't much good and gave them up.
I'm worried that she doesn't have enough proof to return to Thailand after her visit. Does anybody have any advice about this please.
Thank you

tudorowen1
25th Nov 2017, 16:06
Best to be honest..and tell the truth about her employment or lack of ....Does she own the house where she lives or have any land...Perhaps most important. Does she have any young children..?
What might help is if you can show your relationship with her has been a long one with plenty of visits on your behalf and plenty of communication between the two of you.

Leo4me
25th Nov 2017, 17:10
Thanks Tutorowen1,
We've only been together for about 8 months. She doesn't own any land but she does have one son. I can supply a few pictures of her dad in hospital, so I'm hoping this will be enough.
I've got loads of proof of our relationship in the form of facebook messenger screen shots, photos, joint plane ticket receipts and bank transfer statements from my account to hers.

I understand it only takes one reason for the Visa to be refused, I'm trying to minimise this happening as much as possible.

rasg
26th Nov 2017, 01:02
How long are you requesting for her first trip to the UK? Sending money to your GF in Thailand can often have a detrimental effect on a visa application.

As she doesn’t have a job and if she is totally reliant on you financially, the ECO will often think that your GF won’t have a reason to go back to Thailand.

Leo4me
26th Nov 2017, 12:25
After reading other posts on this forum, we will only ask for about 2 months, but she will still stay for 6 months if she can.

When I met her in Phuket last April she was working as a cashier in a bar and occasionally cleaned bungalows to boost her salary. She had also previously worked as a waitress. I encouraged her to give up her job so she could spend more time with her son and because i felt a little bit worried about other farangs chatting her up. (Now we've been together a while that jealousy has gone - lol)

I was hoping that she would easily find a job back in her home town, but it hasn't been that easy for her. She's had a couple of jobs but both employers were pretty bad (even for Thai standards), expecting her to work extremely hard for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week for next to nothing. The second job lasted for 5-6 weeks but she quit when her father was rushed to hospital when his heart stopped. She's been looking after him since then and now he's feeling a lot stronger.

She's been back in her village since August and I've sent her money regularly to supplement her income. I wanted to put this into the Visa application to demonstrate that I can support her sufficiently when she comes to the UK. I am also thinking of putting 25-30,000 Baht into her account to show that she has has her own money as well, to return to the UK if she wishes or send to her family. She won't spend it, but just have it there to show that she has sufficient funds.

I know the question of 'trust' is probably on a few of your minds. And the answer is yes. Totally. My gf has never asked me to send her money. In fact, she's often hidden the fact that she's skint, which i find out when only when I ask her.

We're both feeling very worried about the whole Visa application thing. We've even inquired about using an agency, recommended from a friend of a friend, simply because we can't find enough reasons/evidence for a reason to return to Thailand.

We're going to apply anyway as there's nothing to lose and everything to gain. However, if the application is refused, and we then re-apply using an agency, will the first application refusal affect the second 'Agency' application?

Sorry for the long winded explanations but my mind is totally in a whirr and we not sure what the best course of action is.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Gary & Nok
26th Nov 2017, 13:12
The Agency will have no more or less success at an application than you will.

Don't waste your money using an Agent just do it yourself. What reasons do you think an Agent will be able to give for her to return to LOS that you can't.

Just be warned, if she is caught lying (you do not know what an agency will put on the application) then she will be banned from applying for 10 years.

Do it yourself and tell the truth. Save yourself money and potential agro.

rasg
26th Nov 2017, 15:50
You seem to have two threads running about the same thing...

After reading other posts on this forum, we will only ask for about 2 months, but she will still stay for 6 months if she can.

I see you have changed your original six month request to two months and I still don't think she'll get it from the information you have supplied. Flip mentioned two weeks. My wife had no difficulty getting a VV for a month but she had a job to go back to. That was also in 2015.

She's been back in her village since August and I've sent her money regularly to supplement her income. I wanted to put this into the Visa application to demonstrate that I can support her sufficiently when she comes to the UK. I am also thinking of putting 25-30,000 Baht into her account to show that she has has her own money as well, to return to the UK if she wishes or send to her family. She won't spend it, but just have it there to show that she has sufficient funds.

Putting a load of cash into her account will usually result in a refusal. The first thing the ECO will ask for is where the money came from. If she doesn't have much money the best thing you can say is that the only money she has she gets in cash and not provide any financial info. That way you don't have her financial info and bank statements picked apart. Usually followed by a phone call from the ECO and they have a horrible knack of getting Thai applicants to tell the truth and talk themselves out of a visa.

You say you are sending her money to supplement her income but as she doesn't have another source of income, with no job, you are her sole source of income.

Many times in the last couple of years I have read refusals on here and elsewhere where the ECO has said she has no reason to return to Thailand because you are the sole source of income. Why would she go home?

We're both feeling very worried about the whole Visa application thing. We've even inquired about using an agency, recommended from a friend of a friend, simply because we can't find enough reasons/evidence for a reason to return to Thailand.

The only visa companies worth using are OISC accredited. So many poor agencies and they often do far more harm than good. You don't need one with the help on here.

We're going to apply anyway as there's nothing to lose and everything to gain. However, if the application is refused, and we then re-apply using an agency, will the first application refusal affect the second 'Agency' application?

Much better putting a decent application together in the first place.

I don't want to burst your bubble but with the information you have given us so far, it will be difficult. If your GF had a job things would be much easier.

Just to illustrate what happens when an ECO calls. A recent refusal I read about on here was where the applicant had requested a month and talked about her sick mum. In the application she said she was essential to look after her. Because of what the applicant had discussed with her boyfriend about requesting one month but staying six it only took a phone call from the ECO to wheedle that into from the girl and the visa was refused.

Samsung
26th Nov 2017, 20:07
having a job makes no difference ,(it helps) as i have said before the more weight you throw behind the door the easy it will open ,so have others have suggested think as many possible reasons to return ie you plan to get married and apply for settlement visa ,the more reasons the better ,my now wife was not working at the time of her visit .

Tasle283
8th Dec 2017, 17:27
hey there i am new to this but to save you much time and sadness may i add my own suggestions from advice given to me in earlier questions i asked. basically and im sad to say this, but, by starting to place money in her account you are putting yourself at risk of being hook lined and sinkered, don't be too upfront with your finances. and as i advised my fiancée who is now my wife after a recent marriage in thailand its best that she also is working to save for our family.. i do not work at present but i more than qualify for VV and settlememnt Visa in the Uk .. and most on here advised me to keep reciepts fromplanes, restaurants, phots together, screenshots of us messaging and talking on video message, even as far as intimate conversations. they are looking for a reason your relationship is genuine and she is not having you over, but the TRUTH is THE BEST POLICY you could take in your process, but be aware this is one of the many downfalls of the foreign application and that is lying to please, be honest and follow the correct steps on here and theres not much to go wrong. document document document everything and every single moment you have together, plus never forget its a human right in UK to bring your Spouse to UK if you follow the correct guidelines and procedure.. just make sure your case is thorough

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

The Agency will have no more or less success at an application than you will.

Don't waste your money using an Agent just do it yourself. What reasons do you think an Agent will be able to give for her to return to LOS that you can't.

Just be warned, if she is caught lying (you do not know what an agency will put on the application) then she will be banned from applying for 10 years.

Do it yourself and tell the truth. Save yourself money and potential agro.

these two have the best advice that helped me soooo much so pay attention to anything that Gary & Nok advice, and many others here have sound advice. just listen and follow and it will all work out.. honesty the best policy

Samsung
10th Dec 2017, 19:55
now im not going to go in to the question of agency/or not .I used one myself for my wifes visit visa and settlement visa ,yes i did all the leg work and ninety per cent of the applications im just getting ready to do my wife s FLM ,and have noticed how many documents that the said company i used provided translations ie house deeds ,birth certificates,and name change .all these done in the uk would be a nice sum,.at the time it was like a office and some one my misses could deal with in bangkok ,COST is the issue now with all the translations and documents that was changed i would say that the work the company i used was superb both visas gained as well as many of my freinds wifes visas gained ,im not saying you carnt do it BUT I WAS SOME 6000 MILES AWAY at the time.please note i havent touted any company i am just being honest ,with my work it helped and i did ask for recommandations ,now im doing my own FLM for misses stress levels up a peg or 2 i suppose its easier now with docs being submitted in the uk ,but from start to finish ie ILR it is very expensive and a saving of a couple of hundred pounds wont make that much difference from when my misses did hers the goal post have moved .