PDA

View Full Version : BKK or Sydney?

Mal
16th Jun 2008, 22:54
Hi all,
just wondering if anyone's had any experience of applying for a visit visa outside of BKK.

My gf is going to be studying in Sydney from july til january, before going back to Thailand. A friend has told her that the Embassy in Sydney are more likely to issue a visa, than their counterparts in BKK.

A little background...we met online last april, but only met for real in november. We have since met 3 times, and maintain daily contact ect. We plan to meet up in Sydney in december. Oh...and we applied for a visit visa a few months ago, but were refused...mainly on the good old "reason to return".

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
Mal

Mal
16th Jun 2008, 22:54
Hi all,
just wondering if anyone's had any experience of applying for a visit visa outside of BKK.

My gf is going to be studying in Sydney from july til january, before going back to Thailand. A friend has told her that the Embassy in Sydney are more likely to issue a visa, than their counterparts in BKK.

A little background...we met online last april, but only met for real in november. We have since met 3 times, and maintain daily contact ect. We plan to meet up in Sydney in december. Oh...and we applied for a visit visa a few months ago, but were refused...mainly on the good old "reason to return".

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
Mal

Merseymike
17th Jun 2008, 13:05
As your girlfriend will only be in Australia temporarily, i.e. for circa 6 months, it is feasible that her application would not be entertained at the High Commission in Canberra.

This belief was further reinforced in my own mind when I read that your g/f has previously been refused. Unfortunately, even if Canberra take on the application, there is going to be no speedy resolution, as they are going to have to contact Bangkok for the previous papers.

To be honest, I'd just stick with the embassy in Bangkok.

Mal
18th Jun 2008, 00:35
Thanks for that Mike.

Yeah, i did wonder if the small amount of time in Aussie would be a factor.

Think we'll wait until we get back to BKK, and take it from there...AGAIN!!